Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The world isn't so broken after all
At least not for these 33 people:

http://higherperspectives.com/broken/
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I have found that most people are good at heart. Those are the ones I prey upon!!!!!
<fleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee>

Evil Jim

Just kidding!!!!!
We Have Elvis !!

jimcrackcorn Wrote:I have found that most people are good at heart. Those are the ones I prey upon!!!!!
<fleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee>

Evil Jim

Just kidding!!!!!

Ha ha, glad you're kidding,
"You can be young without money but you can't be old without money"
Maggie the Cat from "Cat on a Hot Tin Roof." by Tennessee Williams

I'm ready to rumble anytime all the good hearted people decide to go out and beat up all the others.... We outnumber them 300 to 1 but you hear more about them because they are the ones who do all the bitching, moaning, screaming.

Virge Wrote:I'm ready to rumble anytime all the good hearted people decide to go out and beat up all the others.... We outnumber them 300 to 1 but you hear more about them because they are the ones who do all the bitching, moaning, screaming.

Complainers are so annoying to most people who just adapt and fit in, that, unless there is screaming injustice (at which, we might consider that the fight and complaint is legitimate), we won't appreciate where the complaints come from, yet we tend to deal with them by somehow caving in. It's like the old dilema of the services officer who generally won't hesitate to answer a screaming phone bell even though someone's been patiently waiting in line at then desk to get service too. The phone is so often (or at least used to be so often) given precedence over someone who had been patiently waiting all because we can't stand the nagging of a ringing tone.

You bringing up how phone calls always jump to the front of the line really is one of my peeves. Think about it... I'm running a B&B where guests are spending BIG MONEY... they get my full attention because we've built up a reputation for bending over backwards give them top notch treatment.... so why the hell do I want to carry a phone around to be interrupted with dim witted calls and texts every few minutes?

And...... I might hold the world record on destroying phones. I'm on my 4th since November. This has made me gun shy about carrying one all the time. My solution for that has been to keep it on the desk or dining room table where I do most of my work... but that doesn't mean I'm always there or that I think about checking messages and missed calls every time I sit down.

To solve that problem my connubial boss thought it would be a good idea to give my phone over to Stingray's little brother Kip who's working with and living with us now. Kip carries it around with him, takes messages, screens calls and texts, and has really gotten great at it. He can answer or take care of half the daily texts I get without asking me anything. When we eat lunch he gives me a list of calls I need to return.

PERFECT! I am free to take care of guests without phone drama.