Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question to those who top
Not long ago my best friend's girlfriend asked me if I have ever bottomed (because I'm top) for a guy. Truth is I have - just once and it's not likely to happen again - ever. For this top happen I must have fallen in love with the guy like... crazy in love. I felt that way only once and never again since then, so I don't think it will happen again. I loved him so much that when he asked me to bottom for him to try what it is like to top, I couldn't refuse him. I didn't enjoy what it felt like, so I remained at the top role.
And that question of hers made me wonder - am I the only one top guy who bottomed for the love of their life?
So, here's the question for you, top guys: have you ever bottomed by someone's request or even by your own desire and did you enjoy it?
Arch Linux, Core i7 4770, GTX 1660 Ti 6GB, 32GB DDR3 RAM
home is where root is.

I'm probably not gonna be answering your question since, I don't have much experience, but I couldn't help but say that , it's almost fascinating that gay guys have a preference of a top and bottom role. That it's in our brains that we just prefer one role over the other. I have a question though, did you know you were a top before you even tried anything? Or was it just like " Oh, hey, now that I tried both, I think I like the other one better."?

Every "top" I've ever known has bottomed at least once.

I'm into both, and I'd want the same from any guy I got into a long term relationship with. I have met men who say they are strictly one or the other, so I know they exist. But I feel like more gay men are flexible about it.

I'm actually the exact opposite, I'm mainly a bottom. I have topped before, but it really wasn't for me. And yes it was something I did for a guy I loved who wanted to see what bottom was like.

When I was single, it was about 50/50 as far as topping or bottoming in bed with men.
I didn't enjoy one over the other, it was just whatever I was in the mood for at the time.

With [MENTION=20938]Gideon[/MENTION], the ratio is about 80/20 with me as the bottom the majority of the time. I really enjoy bottoming with him, and only feel the need to top when I'm feeling aggressive.

I honestly don't think anyone should outright refuse to try either at least once, unless you just can't get it up for it to give it a try. I don't think trying it only once is enough to judge if you like it or not, either. Hell, for all you know, your partner could royally suck at bottoming, and by only trying it out once and writing it off as a bust, you could be writing off something amazing without even realizing it was the partner that was the issue instead of the act itself

TwisttheLeaf Wrote:I honestly don't think anyone should outright refuse to try either at least once, unless you just can't get it up for it to give it a try. I don't think trying it only once is enough to judge if you like it or not, either. Hell, for all you know, your partner could royally suck at bottoming, and by only trying it out once and writing it off as a bust, you could be writing off something amazing without even realizing it was the partner that was the issue instead of the act itself
Well, I didn't enjoy what it felt like. It's not the same as the feeling when you penetrate someone else and the latter wins the contest "top vs bottom". For me, at least. But despite I didn't enjoy it I did let him go all the way to the finish. You know, the things you do for those you love.
Arch Linux, Core i7 4770, GTX 1660 Ti 6GB, 32GB DDR3 RAM
home is where root is.

I have a natural inclination to top, both position wise as well as dominance wise...That said I -have- bottomed, in both aspects, at least for Twist. I've even put him on top position while dominating him, which is a whole different thing than him taking the aggressive angle.

I agree that everyone should try both top and bottom, and more than once. The first time is rarely fireworks and instant orgasm afterall, especially if the top is new at it and there wasn't a whole lot of foreplay and preparation involved.

Sex is absolutely better with someone you're in love with, but that doesn't mean the -next- attempt won't be entirely different...whether you're in love or not, it's gonna be different. Size difference, position, time spent in preparation and foreplay, angle, the way he moves, how nervous or tense you are, it all makes a difference in how it feels.

I'm also a big advocate in all around fulfillment. If your partner will bottom but is really into topping and you're giving but refuse to take, who's to say he won't be tempted to to find it elsewhere? And hell, what happens if you fall head over heels in love with someone who's just as much into top as you are? Do you toss away a once in a lifetime love just because it "doesn't feel as good" to you?

I say at least give it a fair shot and more than a -one- time effort, but then, I'm all about pleasing my partner so maybe my view is entirely different than the norm.

I mostly top, but I have bottomed a few times. I do think after having bottomed a few times that it has made me a better top, since I can understand how bottoming works and the unique difficulties involved.

I enjoyed most of my bottoming experiences, not all, but most. I think anyone who is completely unwilling to try something new is probably unnecessarily limiting themselves. Try it, see if you like it.

Richard

I like mixing things up. We've got so few holes to play with and only a small selection of positions. Whenever I see my husbear naked I feel like I'm at a dessert buffet. I'll grab as many different delicious treats as I can before I'm full.