Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Anal sex cleaning practice
I've seen a few members feel concern about this topic lately, so I thought I'd make a separate thread about it (and my reply on another thread ended up becoming too long to post there). I know [MENTION=13183]seeking[/MENTION] asked about it, and [MENTION=24256]RomanticMan[/MENTION] also has his concerns about this particular subject.

This is about how to clean the anal area, for receptive anal sex or rimming, and some of the physiological realities you should be aware of. If I've left something important out, feel free to add it here.

seeking Wrote:Unrelated question (to all): When you wash your ass, do you also wash the interior of your ass ?

Besides, I can imagine it will "breath" during the rimming session and expose the interior part. Hence my question. Do you clean the inside as well? How on earth do you do that??

No, you don't usually have to do that. That could make matters worse, in fact. Soap will irritate the delicate lining of the anus, so that's not a good idea to use it extensively. But a soapy finger up there in the vicinity of the sphincter once or twice while you're in the shower will probably not cause you any considerable harm, if you want that extra 'freshness'.

If you're thinking about pumping water up there (whether an actual enema/douche or something more modest), the problem with that is -- that some of the residual water can stay in there and then make an exit during intercourse. That includes the possibility that if it goes in too deep it can liquefy some of the stuff that's already in there -- well, you get the picture.

The part of the rectum where his penis will be is actually mostly clean. It's the lower part of the rectum and the waste matter doesn't descend there till near when it's time for it to be voided. Most of the 'leftover' particulate matter from a recent voiding gets reabsorbed by the body (if you weren't aware of this, then know that fecal matter is not only waste matter, there are nutrients in there that your body will continue to absorb until it's been voided). So, actually, the lower part of the rectum kind of keeps itself clean. I'm not saying it'll ever be 100% squeaky clean but mostly you don't have to worry about it. It would only be dirty if you've just gone to the bathroom and from there go straight to anal sex. There needs to be a decent interval of time (a couple of hours at least, in my opinion) between those two events.

So, just make sure you've gone to the bathroom if you're 'overdue', but not to go immediately before having sex. Take a shower and clean the area of your ass with shower gel/soap, and by the time your partner's tongue is in there, it will taste clean and smell nice. You can even mix things up by using different shower gels at different times, so that your partner will smell a slightly different scent at times.

You can, of course, go through all the enemas, anal douching, etc if that's really what you want. But I've found from experience that it's really not necessary under most circumstances.

One last very important thing -- your diet will also determine just how ''messy'' you will be in that area. Food with high fiber content will make your waste matter more solid, and consequently a bit better to deal with when having anal sex. There's tons of info on it on the internet, just look it up. I might add some more on this later on -- I'm kind of getting to be in a hurry right now, so will have to cut it off.

I'm not quite sure what you mean by it ''breathing'' during the rimming session though. Are you afraid your partner is gonna fart in your face?
''Do I look civilized to you?''

I know a man who uses abit of a sports cap bottle of Evian then jumps up and down.

I think the "breathing" refers to the sphincters relaxing, allowing for the tongoe to penetrate, with or without force.

Personally I use an anal douche, 4-6 times, and then poke around for residual water with a slim toy, then shower thoroughly. Then play. That keeps me squeeky clean, which I feel is a must.

Thank you a lot [MENTION=21405]meridannight[/MENTION] for making this thread answering many of the concerns. It's really detailed and clear.

I really didn't know residues in rectum would be re-absorbed automatically. I thought only those in intestine would be absorbed... Good to know!!

meridannight Wrote:I'm not quite sure what you mean by it ''breathing'' during the rimming session though. Are you afraid your partner is gonna fart in your face?

Cuddly Wrote:I think the "breathing" refers to the sphincters relaxing, allowing for the tongoe to penetrate, with or without force.

Personally I use an anal douche, 4-6 times, and then poke around for residual water with a slim toy, then shower thoroughly. Then play. That keeps me squeeky clean, which I feel is a must.

Yes I meant the relaxing and contracting of the sphincters.
I didn't think of farting before this. And now as you mentioned ...did it happen to anyone else? lol

But I guess if that really happen, either you and your partner is really really close so that's a joke, or that partner is just a douche - I assume that won't be a pleasant experience.

And as a matter of fact, can't believe I just read all this while having dinner lol. Yummy.

There are some youtube videos on this topic, I wish I had watched them before my first time, would have saved me some embarrassment.

Awesome post [MENTION=21405]meridannight[/MENTION]

seeking Wrote:Yes I meant the relaxing and contracting of the sphincters.
I didn't think of farting before this. And now as you mentioned ...did it happen to anyone else? lol

Hasn't ever happened to me during rimming. And, a gentleman will warn you in advance. If a guy does it and doesn't warn you, I think you can slap him. Or he can forget about getting rimmed again.

As for your question, if the sphincter relaxes, it will just open as a tiny hole to the interior. You can't really see much of what's in there unless you bring a flashlight, though. Wink Not sure what kind of a reaction you'll get out of such conduct. ''Are-you-looking-to-take-some-samples-there-or-what''? Smile

seeking Wrote:I really didn't know residues in rectum would be re-absorbed automatically. I thought only those in intestine would be absorbed... Good to know!!

You can even administer some drugs rectally (it's called plugging). I've never done it myself, but the absorption and bioavailability are supposed to be higher in the rectum than in the stomach where the pH variations can affect them negatively.

Just for information.

That last depends on whether the drugs are of a sort that is absorbed by the rectal tissue. Not all drugs are. Ask your doctor for specifics.

I do remember, while doing chemo, that one drug was given to me as a suppository because I literally could not hold anything in my stomach without vomiting. It was a godsend to have those suppositories.
I bid NO Trump!

Actually I think it's the rectum that absorbs the water of the body back into the body through the mucous membrane, which means that that residue dries out a bit. Of course all of this depends on the type of food eaten and what residue is likely to be left.
In France too we used to have suppositories for all sorts of things (especially when I was young), so know that the membrane absorbs what's in them quite rapidly. There are new cures for people with bowel problems linked to transferring the right kind of bacteria from one bowel to another, because some of our bowels have lost the bacteria necessary to 'digest' and absorb properly (especially after certain types of treatment, like anti-biotics). So it might sound like something dirty and horrible but in fact it's just the clinical observations of nature's bonuses that made proctologists look into that kind of treatment. And it works.

Listen to the Poo bank segment of Inside Health in this programme :
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b08b7wdb