Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Losing a friend over trivial stuff
Today at college, my so-called friend looked at me and was like "Do you shave your eyebrows?". I paused for a sec and said "Well... no. But I do trim them. Why?" He didn't really responded when I asked why.

Later that day, I noticed how he didn't want to talk to me anymore. I guess this was the moment when he realized I was gay. And when I try to walk him to his car in an attempt to re-connect, he was being distant, didn't want to talk to me, and overall acted like a complete asshole.

Afterwards I walked back to campus feeling like utter shit. Honestly, idk what to say about this... wow.

All of this just because I put maintenance into my eyebrows? I don't get it.

I'm the sort of person that would confront the person, and this may shock some of you, but I can be rather blunt.

I would simply ask him 'Is there a reason why you are acting like a dick and treating me like shit?'

But however you choose to do it, for your own sanity, or in worst case closure, you do need to confront him and find out what is going on.

He might have this stereotype in his mind that a man who grooms himself is definately gay because you're only straight if you look like a caveman. I'd ask him what his problem is and if he acted like an asshole, I wouldn't contact with him no more.

What a fucking piece of shit. If this idiot's not important to you I wouldn't even bother talking to him ever again.

deephiance Wrote:I would simply ask him 'Is there a reason why you are acting like a dick and treating me like shit?'

This. Afterall, he is just a "so called" friend.

Is this someone you were really close with, i.e. a best friend? If it wasn't, not much point in continuing a friendship if he's going to be so petty.

[MENTION=23932]MisterLonely[/MENTION], sorry about your friend but if trimming your eyebrows puts him off it is a very petty thing to cause a problem.

I can identify with the eyebrows thing. I have very bushy eyebrows which I don't trim, but some people tell me I should, mainly women with too many opinions. I just use a fine brush to train them to behave and don't worry about it. Next time you go to the barber you might ask him to trim them just a little bit and see how you like the result. It is all up to you. Don't sweat it.
I bid NO Trump!

What straight guy is going to start up a conversation about eyebrow trimming? Maybe you should ask him if he's gay. Don't internalize his weirdness here. I agree you should consider having a candid conversation with him. If he's being an idiot, tell him so.

Doesn't sound like much of a friend.

Like said above, he doesn't sound much like a friend. Gees these days I see so many straight guys with pristine eyebrows where they keep them trimmed/plucked so I cannot see the issue here as it should not affect anyone else.

I had a friend who I fell out with over a trivial argument which lead to some pretty hateful things being said to each other, we didn't speak for about 4 years until I bumped into his boyfriend while I was doing some charity work. We started speaking again and its been like the issue was never there before.

Sometimes space can be one of the best things to have so that you're not in each others faces thinking about any ill feelings. Live your life and let this friend do his own thing, its his loss if the friendship doesn't continue.