Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Story
When I came out to my best friend first it was wierd. We were walking round the field through the alleyway opposite my house and I kept trying to build up the courage to tell him. Then I changed my plan and said I have a secret and tried to get him to guess so that if he asked right I could just say yes. He ended up asking things like have I got cancer and what not. nothing about being gay. I should of expected it off him actually as he is pretty stupid. Eventually he says "Right, we've been here for an hour with nothing good happening. I'm gonna walk it home" I then just blurted it out and as I walked the 40mins with him home. I let him think about it and then allowed him to ask questions.

It was like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders.

A couple of months later I told my best girl mate on msn. I just typed in the words and then she says "Good because I think I'm Bi as well". We both talked about it then a couple of days later I came out to a gay guy who had gone my primary school. Then one afternoon - as that had been over half term - we were lay on the grass and I just said I'm gay. It was nearly all girls and they kept saying "Really? really? Prove it". So I shouted to the guy I'd told first to tell them. In the few seconds he gave me look as if to say "Are you sure or should I lie?". I just nodded back. Within minutes it had gotten round school I was and most people were fine. There are three people who genuinely don't like me for it but oh well. No one likes them anyway. They're heartless and bully people for the sake of it once telling one of my mates they were going to dig up her dead grandad and rape him before ripping his body to pieces and making a bonfire.

So that's my story.

Thanks for sharing. It was a pleasure for me to hear it have been accepted so well. Especially since you want to be openly gay. I wish you good luck and no depressions on the way to finding a nice partner. :]

Niall,

Good for you. I am glad to hear schools have changed since I was your age (or at least some have).
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

That's wonderful. I'm really happy that your friends were so accepting and that everyone is fine with it. I couldn't have don't what you did at school. There was a kid in my class who was outed just as I was initially coming to the realisation I was gay and the result wasn't pleasant. I then hid in the closet for almost the next 20 years as I didn't want the same to happen to me. I am so glad you are not having to to go through that.

Best of luck for the future. Confusedmile:

Congratulations. Great to hear that so much is changing for the better ... except for stupid girls asking you to prove it! What's that about :confused:

congrats m8, its a great relief once you've told people - dont worry bout the few dick heads, every school has them .... good chance one of them is prob gay anyway if that makes u feel better Confusedmile:

I love to hear coming-out stories.

I am proud of our LGBT youth who have the courage to put themselves out there for all to see - knowing that some people may reject them or make fun of them. For each person who comes-out, it opens a door that gives others the determination and spirit to do likewise.

Congratulations Niall

It's not they were being stupid. They were just shocked. I'm the first in my school to come out but in my area there are about 10 gay kids who have come out around my age. Shame I've not met any of them Tongue. I think it's better to come out now and take it than take it when you're older and meant to be living your life.

It is a little strange how you are not afraid of the negative reaction coming out might bring in certain places. It is something very, very good and a thing to be proud of.
How did you realize you are gay? When you did, did you try to fight it or something?

NiallC Wrote:It's not they were being stupid. They were just shocked ...
Ok, I'll take your word for that. I can't imagine what would constitute proof, though!