Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Religion V gays again
The people of Madison, Wisconsin, have something going for them. I like the quality of the writing in this piece and the fact that the town can bring out a crowd of hundreds to drown out the nuts of NOM.

If you read the article I suggest you also look at the discussion that follows.

Why is it so difficult for the anti-equality brigade to get their heads round the notion that I can and do love my partner in every way that I tried, and failed, to love my (ex) wife? Love is love and it's what human beings (not just men + women) do. That my wife and I made babies in the first half of our lives together did little more than paper over the cracks that was the disaster of our relationship. In many ways having children was a great diversion from working out what was wrong with us as a couple.

Emily's Post: Clever bigots are still bigots - Isthmus | The Daily Page

I commented on it (Bruce Garyson)...true story too unfortunately. Watching my grandfather crying about this left an impression on me LONG BEFORE I ever considered the question of gay marraige. Funny thing as well...my grandparents best friends (and my childhood babysitters) were a lesbian couple (back in the 1930s they met!).

(too bad I forgot to use spell check first LOL)

Isn't it ironic that the Pilgrim Fathers, who fled religious persecution in Europe, have spawned the most bigoted religious zealots in the world?

Just remember they weren't seeking religious freedom just the freedom to practice THEIR religion.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Interesting twist today from author Anne Rice who posted this on her facebook fan page today:
For those who care, and I understand if you don't: Today I quit being a Christian. I'm out. I remain committed to Christ as always but not to being "Christian" or to being part of Christianity. It's simply impossible for me to "belong" to this quarrelsome, hostile, disputatious, and deservedly infamous group. For ten years, I've tried. I've failed. I'm an outsider. My conscience will allow nothing else.
As I said below, I quit being a Christian. I'm out. In the name of Christ, I refuse to be anti-gay. I refuse to be anti-feminist. I refuse to be anti-artificial birth control. I refuse to be anti-Democrat. I refuse to be anti-secular humanism. I refuse to be anti-science. I refuse to be anti-life. In the name of Christ, I quit Christianity and being Christian. Amen.

I have one thing to add: Thank You Anne!

peterinmalaga Wrote:Isn't it ironic that the Pilgrim Fathers, who fled religious persecution in Europe, have spawned the most bigoted religious zealots in the world?

Haven't you heard? In reponse to that silly lie started by Liberals about the founding fathers escaping religious persecution they (religious wackos) regularly rewrite history when confronted with actual history (and actual science) and claim otherwise. Faux News has made Cognitive Dissonance socially acceptable...even admirable.