Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
YOU need to know I AM STRAIGHT vs. YOU need to know I AM GAY
Davey Wavey vid:

What the..?

Really? Do straight people do that just to show off their sexuality? To flaunt it? REALLY? Yeah, sure, maybe so much kissing in public isn't really cool, but...Don't gay people who are engaged in a way wear the sign they've chosen for it? Like a ring, an earing, a bracelet etc.

I am totally OK with gay people kissing in public, showing off their sexuality, even screaming "HEY, I'M GAY!" But I guess that's just me, I mean, I understand some people don't approve of that.

I am not saying Davey's not right. He's got his point of view and his opinion. But what do you think?

I don't think it's an expression of sexuality at all, just enthusiasm for a relationship. He annoys me. Tongue

for me personally, he makes gay people look bad with that attitude, i would like people to live and let live, straight people kissing near me does not make me want to throw up, if he wants gay people to be treated with equal respect i believe he needs to grow up a lot, abusing straight folk on will & grace for laughs is one thing but come on - ur not doin us any favours

I think he was being sarcastic. I don't think he really wnats to throw up at straight people kissing and stuff, he is just taking the piss out of straight people who say GAY people are wrong for doing it....by feeding their own arguement back to them.

LOL...great parody of homophobes...he is making a point...and he made me smile. Winknudge

rsconceptions Wrote:I think he was being sarcastic. I don't think he really wnats to throw up at straight people kissing and stuff, he is just taking the piss out of straight people who say GAY people are wrong for doing it....by feeding their own arguement back to them.

Yes, I do believe that is exactly what he was doing. It would be very difficult not to be accustomed to hetero PDA. It is a response to those who say "I don't mind gay people, I just wish they wouldn't be so "in-your-face" about it".

sorry. just think hes a dick, hes not doin me any favours posting that and i gurantee if i showed it my friends they would have very less favorable things to say

Nah, Idk why, but I dont think he's being sarcastic.

matty7 Wrote:for me personally, he makes gay people look bad with that attitude, i would like people to live and let live, straight people kissing near me does not make me want to throw up, if he wants gay people to be treated with equal respect i believe he needs to grow up a lot, abusing straight folk on will & grace for laughs is one thing but come on - ur not doin us any favours

Did you watch the same video that I did?

He was being "facetious". (He even said as much, hence the quotes). It was a light-hearted parody of how some straight people view gay PDA (Public Displays of Affection).

I think his argument was very well put. And that argument was to live and let live.

Cryptique and I don't do anything in public we don't already see straight people doing. Yet, I've been heavily critisised for it. We hold hands. We've see straight couples hold hands. We hug. We've seen straight people hug. We give each other a welcome kiss when we meet up. We've seen straight people give each other a welcome kiss when they meet up.

I have one relative who seems to find it positively offensive that we have any form of PDA (Actually, before I came out and I had a girlfriend and we showed PDA, he was offended at that too... So, at least it isn't a 'phobic response).

I have to admit that public displays of affection can have the effect of rubbing singletons noses in the dirt.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.