Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
And for our non-British readers ...
I became caught up in someone else's geographical confusion the other day. Clearly some of you out there have no idea that there is a difference between the UK and England. I just thought I'd be helpful and point you to this little explanation. Now there'll be no need for anyone to get in a muddle.

Glad to have been of service. Just let me know if you need an explanation of cricket Wink

Well done, I was taught this in school in the states however I don't know that it still is, being a german irish english american indian or mutt for short, I do know many of the differances, James
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

This is quite a programme... I wonder why he had to speak soooooooo fast, obviously the voice was sped up to fit a specific timing;.. still, could be used appropriately, for everyone's political and geographical knowledge...Thanks honey.

Ha, I not only know the difference between the UK and England, I can also name from memory every king and queen from Henry VIII to Elizabeth II, I'm a little sketchy in some parts with William I to Henry VII before then. The result of being an English major and naming literary periods off of the basis of who was on the throne.

I try and play it safe by saying "Britain",,,,,, that way I have a 50-50 chance of being right. (smile)....

That was great marsh! I was surprised to learn I knew most of it but one glaring omission in my brain database was Northern Ireland and Ireland...I had always referred to both as being part of the United Kingdom so I learned something new...that was fun! Thanks!

Yay.:biggrin:
I am a little tired of some of the mistakes made by non-british folk i must admit.:redface:
I even learned a few things that I never knew from that video.:tongue:

Oh and i forgot to mention.
Cricket bores me like no other sport.
So no. No explaination please.:redface:
Silly Sarcastic So-and-so

Thank you for the information

there is only one sport more boring than cricket.......golf

East Wrote:... one glaring omission in my brain database was Northern Ireland and Ireland...I had always referred to both as being part of the United Kingdom ...
OMG there are places where that mistake could get you into very serious trouble! :eek:

Glad to have helped Wink

Genersis Wrote:... Cricket bores me like no other sport.
So no. No explaination please.:redface:

Mr. Not So Lonely Wrote:... there is only one sport more boring than cricket.......golf
No argument from me, but I would have been prepared to have had a go ... for the greater good, you understand Wink