Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My dating life has dried up, hence, I need a support group :-)
I feel like it's been YEARS since I've made a somewhat deep emotion connection with anyone. I'm afraid that I may be in a permanent rut because I'm over 40, still alive, still single, would like a little chemistry with another guy in my life, etc. etc. I see a lot of people discussing relationship problems, but I feel like I'm 5 steps behind them! NO RELATIONSHIP. It seems like I've had a lot of great, satisfying online chats, and then it fizzles out or I never end up talking to a person again (maybe I have a terrible personality, and everyone knows it except me LOL). I have made new friends locally (recently moved to a small town after getting burned out on Los Angeles, where my dating life was also going nowhere), but there isn't a single dating possibility. (Guys are too young, too old, not single, etc.) I'm totally not into clubs at this point in my life (once or twice a year is fine, but that's about it). I lean towards Asian guys or Latino guys, but that's not set in stone. (Love "ethnic") Again, my big concern at this point is that I'm literally getting nowhere and haven't for years. And I'm worried this may realistically be the end of the road. I was kind of hoping to live another 60 years or so, and that could be a long time ALONE! LOL

Welcome. I hope you, me and all the people here can support each other.

You live in a small town in Arizona. Are you sure that theres not a mob outside your door with torches and pitchforks? :p Or maybe my view of Arizona is a tad stereotypical?

Anyway, welcome to GaySpeak! How long have you been a vegan?

Hi,

for my opinion people in "our age" have a bit more to do to get a relationship... because many mens are out of the game. But ... no disadvantage without the benefit... if you find a relationship the partner knows what he wants ..is more open... not as selfish as younger people ( sorry guys ) and the relationships exists much longer.
And how to get a partner : Use newspapers... Internet ....go out.... but be free in mind.... and it works..... but don´t watch on trivias Wink

Hello Triangle1, and Welcome to GaySpeak... I was in your shoes at about your age... wondering, questioning, thinking it was too late, but maybe not... and just thinking that enough time had elapsed for me to start something. Then it happened, I joined a gay forum and met my partner there. We started out just writing and exchanging ideas, he shared some of my life patterns being a vegetarian, non drinker, non smoker, loved music and dancing, also two of my passions, and we clicked... but he was not free. I thought he needed time to be himself and get away from his family / marriage situation, so invited him over just to talk. The next thing you know, this man crosses the channel on a plane (a thing he hates - hated?) and he's here with me. Instant connection. Love came later. We have now been in a committed relationship for 8 years.
So my advice is, stick around... We have Jim from Las Cruces who is 60ish and lives in New Mexico, we have others from around the world, so who's to say that you won't find your perfect partner online today? It works for some people. Don't expect anything to happen, but be open, and fair and maybe luck will throw its charm over you. At least, that's what I hope for you. Keep a positive attitude and share.
Good luck with finding that rare soul.

THERE IS HOPE

I am 50 and did not expect to find a man again but on this site lo and behold i found a good man who loves me as much as i love him.

I was not looking just chatting and BANGO there he was.

After two weeks of talking on line (almost every day) we met in person and I FELL HARD. Two months later we live together.

Funny It hit when i was not looking. Seems i have heard of this happening before but never thought it would happen to me.

Mr. Not So Lonely Wrote:THERE IS HOPE

I am 50 and did not expect to find a man again but on this site lo and behold i found a good man who loves me as much as i love him.

I was not looking just chatting and BANGO there he was.

After two weeks of talking on line (almost every day) we met in person and I FELL HARD. Two months later we live together.

Funny It hit when i was not looking. Seems i have heard of this happening before but never thought it would happen to me.

And aren't we glad that you are the living proof of this, Dave!!! Wink:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
:heartline:

Arizona is really not the same as it's portrayed in the media. I wouldn't live here if it was. I live in Havasu which is a resort town, a lot of retires and a lot of college students on the local lake. I became a vegetarian maybe 9 years ago, and became a vegan about 3 years ago. I've found the younger guys fall in love quickly, but they also quickly fall OUT of love. So I've met some guys who've actually said they love me on the first date, then a few days later, they've already moved on. Easy come, easy go. The older guys (from my experience) tend to be emotionally distant and never invest anything beyond casual chat. I guess they've been there, done that, got the T-shirt and are comfortable wearing the same shirt every day. If you're not investing something emotionally, you might as well just hook up and hang out with your friends. Nothing wrong with that, I figure I want a little more out of life.
I feel like I really haven't been looking for a couple years now. Then every once in awhile, I'll think I really need to do something because NOTHING is happening! LOL So for me, the theory that if you don't look and it shows up - no one actually does show up!

You've got to be ready for something to happen and know when to take the plunge, methinks, Triangle1. But these things tend to happen when you're not actually looking. Just at the ready.

I'm totally not looking. And I'm ready, and willing, for it to happen randomly.