Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
where to find love?
ok well i thought id ask.... cause its something on my mind, which is that i want to search for love but not exactly sure how- last time it found me was a post i made on craigslist but it eventually got fucked up for whatever reason- see 'miss my bf' thread, now im interested to look again but don't want to be desperate about it either, i guess just straightforward/honest maybe.............

i am not openly gay though btw, so i can't just go around my college or town looking for gay people or something....... i think internet is key here maybe but i'm curious what you all think.

do you go looking for love or do you think it more often happens randomly? :confused:

thanks for reading

To answer your last question, I think it often happens unexpectedly but that doesn't mean you can't have profiles out there looking for love, etc., because perhaps it'd be unexpectedly through one of those sites. You can't force it of course and if you come off as seeming too desperate looking for love in your profiles you may turn off some guys, but it doesn't hurt to try as long as you are also spending time on being happy with you as a single person - be it alone, with friends, with family, whatever. Living in a rural area, pretty much every guy I've dated has been from some online site (not necessarily dating sites, some from more social sites like tagged, etc) except for one I met at a party... but a party of gay friends I met on a site. Maybe it'd be different f I grew up here and knew people from school, or if this area had gay bars, more gay organizations, etc, but I'm very grateful that I'm gay in the age of the Internet with where I live; I don't know how I'd have made it otherwise!

Maybe instead of looking for love try looking for friends and dates. There is less initial pressure, you can perhaps make good friends in the process and date until you find one with a special connection. Also perhaps it's time to think about relocating to a new city where you can be out and experience new things. Final recommendation is to focus on hobbies or activities that you really enjoy doing to improve your chances of meeting guys with similar interests.

Good luck

you dont find love .. it finds u

Hey,

Don't look for love online. It's better to see person live, in the bar or in the club!

Patrick Wrote:Hey,

Don't look for love online. It's better to see person live, in the bar or in the club!

True that, it doesn't help that i don't plan to ever be fully out living at home but you're right. Its def best to vibe off the bat, instead of planning meet ups or something...........

i think thats why my last boy maybe failed on me cause we didn't end up meeting up and now we haven't gotten in touch since he left, shame but that's life Basket

mario101 Wrote:you dont find love .. it finds u

I have to disagree, if you wait for love you'll wait a long time.

I don't think the internet is a bad way to meet people, it's only not so productive when it is a purely online relationship, but even that works for some people some time.

To clarify what I said above, I do think some sites are perhaps better than others - I'm not so sure posting another ad on craigslist is your best bet. But there's plenty out there to try, many with free e-mail features on at least a limited basis.

Gotta agree with what Jfierce said as well.

I was so surprise that you can find love on craiglist :|
Well, love doesn't come in a minute. Sometimes, it doesn't come at all.
I am looking for mine also but haven't found it yet so I can't tell you. What I can tell you is don't try craiglist again lolllll

posterpicture Wrote:I was so surprise that you can find love on craiglist :|
Well, love doesn't come in a minute. Sometimes, it doesn't come at all.
I am looking for mine also but haven't found it yet so I can't tell you. What I can tell you is don't try craiglist again lolllll

lol, well i was surprised too. i was actually posting for a casual encounter at the time though, but he emailed me and we started talking and shit....................................................................