Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Things move at school?
Today I go into school to find my colleagues all having this wild chat and debate about one of the motions some of the students (those who write for the school rag) have put forward. In fact it's a tract they are handing out after there was quite an incident in the philosophy teacher's class over some teenager saying that all gays ought to burn in the same type of ovens the Nazis used during the war. Obviously that kid has some bone to pick with someone, and I suspect there is more than meets the eye in his stance than just a phobia, but here it is. The philosophy teacher quickly rose to the fore and explained (reminded him) that what he'd just said was hateful and punishable by law. (I don't think the teenager realised). Given that this kid is from a North African (therefore Muslim) background, I don't know what sort of hate language or slander he's been hearing about gays, but he obviously didn't know that by slighting gays in general, he'd be slighting me (and others who might be gay around him). (He doesn't know I'm gay, and I'm not too likely to tell him now even though it seemed he showed some kind of respect for my teaching).

I know there was an argument following what he'd said between him and another mate, and he finally had to apologise to the classmate (who might be gay, but I don't know). In any case, the tract made its way through school hands today and I saw it. One of my colleagues said that it wasn't right, but somehow, I felt proud that a bunch of kids were coming to our defense and requesting punishment for this violation of safety. Good for them, say I.
What do you all think?

First of all what he said is an awful thing. And he must be taught that there are consequences of what we say. An offical warning maybe if he repeats his mistake then further punishment may be given. But i cant imagine a better place for him than school to fix his mistakes. But i think the reason he is thinking this way has nothing to do with islam or any other religion.
I grow up in a mostly muslim populated country and i can say, people dont hate gays here they are just not comfortable with them. But they respect your choices. Yes they may make fun of you(mostly not to your face). Yes they may speak behind you.(but hey in miami, in paris even in amsterdam they may do so) But they would never ask a thing(burning) as the kid did. If you are a open gay (i mean obvious gay or transexual) they(heterosexual turkish muslim people) may keep their distance but still they help you if you ask any help. And maybe some of you(forum folk) may get mad at me but i am ok with this. And i believe this is an evolation. Each generation is more and more okay with gay people. What i/we must do is to show people that we are them. We are thier sons daughters cousins friends neighbors teacher doctors etc. And they will understand and one they they will fully accept us.

I understand what you are saying Cain, and I hope it means better acceptation for all gays in many more countries, but there is also an undercurrent here that goes with a radicalisation of some types of Muslim thinking, which tend to put a lot of pressure on gays belonging to those families and groups. Unfortunately, I believe the kid in question is not comfortable to the extent that he'll put a death spell on anyone who is not heterosexual. I wonder what his real agenda is...???

it not even importent about musilim religin .its impotent peple not saying bad things.was you ok princsalberto. it was good peple stand up for you . hug

Education, education and education is the only way forward. Ive been on the receiving end of both gay and disabled hate crime.

Sadly this country (UK) is getting worser..

i think its getting better.becase when if you gay or disabled or anythig an it is verry nasty peple saying about you.they are very horrible! but when you if your tell the other peple is on your side a riht.you now what i mean.i tell peple if them wwas nasty to me and nworkers and that.the say oh no thats very bad joseph!most peple help.like how the in the school everone help princealberto and think that boy is bad

joseph Wrote:i think its getting better.becase when if you gay or disabled or anythig an it is verry nasty peple saying about you.they are very horrible! but when you if your tell the other peple is on your side a riht.you now what i mean.i tell peple if them wwas nasty to me and nworkers and that.the say oh no thats very bad joseph!most peple help.like how the in the school everone help princealberto and think that boy is bad

Maybe it was just where I went to univeristy in South Wales, there is a programme on 4oD called Sticks and Stones link here http://www.channel4.com/programmes/stick.../episode-1, but in both cases in which I was involved by passers did help out.

haway other peple not help.but i toled my mum peple here workers anthat.them said its very bad mmost peple do it think its bad. its bad for like gay disaibled diffrintt skincoluer an that.but wores in the olden days pputting gaypepole in prison.everone gets nasty peple

Thanks Sweetlad, but I fear some people won't be able to watch that link (like me) for they will be barred from seeing it for local tv rights. It looked interesting.

joseph Wrote:haway other peple not help.but i toled my mum peple here workers anthat.them said its very bad mmost peple do it think its bad. its bad for like gay disaibled diffrintt skincoluer an that.but wores in the olden days pputting gaypepole in prison.everone gets nasty peple

You are right. in years pasted they used put disabled and LGBT people in to mentel homes.

Somethings have changed I agree. I'm just an angry young gay disabled lad lol!
How many labs there lol??