Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Worst things about being gay ...
What are some of the worst things about being gay ?

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

The discrimination,hatred & stereotypes that one has to fight off.

All good points ... I was thinking about never being able to properly have my own children ... but yes, I do totally agree with you babe.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

What about artificial insemination or surrogate pregnancies?To me having my OWN children is not a top priority.Instead I want to adopt.I mean,do you really want to bring another innocent soul to this cruel & twisted world?

Whilst I agree with adoption, I view it very much as a second-best scenario to having my own child ...

I always have this vision of being a parent (which accounts for one of my views on spirituality, which I won't bore you with now) ... I picture myself watching my son putting on his tie before going to school and smiling to myself because he's doing it like my partner would, which is totally different to how I'd do it ...

... stupid little things like that, but they get to me.

... and I see what you're saying, but I don't think this world is that bad really ... there's good and bad everywhere, but life is a gift, and one that is uniformly, I think, a good thing ... unless you're going to turn out to be a psychopathic axe-murderer, but we can't divine the future so let's just see !! Confusedmile:.

The topic of parenting is largely moot for me at the moment, as my partner would never want kids, but I'm working on my "thousand cuts" theory on that one ... hehehe.

!?!?! Shadow !?!?!

You raise another issue,I'm not sure that kids would want to be put in the "Me & My Two Dads" scenario.Kids are very cruel & will taunt your kid to oblivion.Then it's downhill from there.

That's definately a point I disagree with.

Children are cruel and taunt for a host of things. It doesn't matter if your parents are gay or not. If it's not that it will be because they are fat, or skinny, too rich or too poor, black, asian...or any number of things. My sister knows lots of little kids with two moms or dads (San Fran bay area) and the kids don't bat an eye.

If they do, they do....life is not a fairy tale and we learn to live with it.

The only thing I really find a down side to being gay is the prejudice that we sometimes have to deal with, but for the most part, like the child issue, everyone has some kind of ...something...to deal with. Try being black and dealing with prejudice on a daily basis with no possibility to hide...

My pro's far exceed any con's when it comes to my sexuality. It has been a gift greater than I could have ever imagined and I'd choose it again in a second.

nothing

being gay is just being gay

just like everything else

life can suck but is wonderful too

APOLOGIES FOR MY STUPID RANT.Thank God Michael didn't see it! Wink

About kids with 2 daddies/mommies.... it really depend on where you live. In San Fran it's no big deal due to the large population, but if my partner and I ever had kids (G-D forbid), that child would have a tough time growing up in OKC. Lord knows the Baptists around here are not always the most tolerant....hell my own partner is raised Baptist and he's not always that tolerant....

I guess I don't see adoption as being any different than birth children. My niece is genetically different than me, but I really never think about it. She's still my niece and she's still the little demon spawn I help take care of. I'm the G-dfather to my sister's 2 children (she's in the process of adopting another child).

I guess I just don't understand the whole "I want my own" thing, my nieces are my nieces... I invest the same amount of energy into them as I would if they were of the same DNA. I think when you get into that situation you tend to change your PoV, at least our folks did. They didn't get the whole adoption thing, but now they are the opposite. They love her.

So far the only thing I don't like about being gay is having to be very careful about PDA and where we live. Vandals and what not... and it's not that uncommon here for bored straight boys to try and "hit" people w/ their cars in the gay district.