Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need Advice About Crushes!
Hi! I think I've already posted a similar thread few months ago. The thing is there's this guy in the university that I go to and I have a crush on him. I've noticed that he stares at me(or my direction, unless I'm hallucinating from studying too much) some a long time when we see each other.(Well which is like Wednesday when he goes to laundry, if lucky, since I don;t really do laundries on Wednesdays and most of the time he is studying) In the last term I've noticed him constantly staring at me before every finals that we had together as well. I have talked to him once in the past, but he seems to be a very shy guy and very quiet so the conversation was really broken apart with "umms" and silences. And another thing is he is in a different major(he is in chem eng, while I'm in robotics eng) so we only see each other on Wednesdays or seeing him passing by from afar. Anyways, to get to the point, one of my best friend(who is in chem eng) offered me to introduce me to him during lunch or something like him and me walking along where the guy usually have lunch and my friend will introduce me kind of thing. I was wondering if this is alright to do.. I feel like I'm using him, but my friend said it's okay, and I really wanna talk to him but, he is just really gorgeous and I'm not really like that, so I'm really scared on doing so. I have tried to talk to him in past and I only got the courage once..

Who Dares, Wins my friend Who Dares, Wins

There isn't a whole lot of options here, you either Go for it or you Don't. Wink

Go for it!! The positive possibilities waaaay outweigh the negative ones, im sure!

I would let my friend introduce us……….. minimum you have a small conversation and have a witness to tell you what they think (you know is there something or if your over reacting).

Sounds like a great plan Waylon, but I've been telling you to just go for it and talk to this guy for months lol.

OrphanPip Wrote:Sounds like a great plan Waylon, but I've been telling you to just go for it and talk to this guy for months lol.

Yeah.. I've been trying to, except we never meet in any occasions other than Wednseday or very rare occasions.. Plus, one of my roommate talks really bad about me to his friends and unfortunately he is in chem eng as well. And we all live in the same residence and I have no idea if my roommate told bad things about me... His friends usually gives cold shoulder on me..

Waylon777 Wrote:Yeah.. I've been trying to, except we never meet in any occasions other than Wednseday or very rare occasions.. Plus, one of my roommate talks really bad about me to his friends and unfortunately he is in chem eng as well. And we all live in the same residence and I have no idea if my roommate told bad things about me... His friends usually gives cold shoulder on me..

You can't worry about stuff out of your control, take advantage of your friend's offer of introducing you. Things might not work out like you want them to, but it will be better than torturing yourself obsessing over it. Worse that could happen is he doesn't like you and you move on.

Yeah.. I guess so. Thanks! But, for now I have to concentrate on studying for my midterms.. Damn things are piling up..

Just talk to him. A good way to break through the shell of shy people is to be positive and out spoken to them.
Try to ask questions. Regardless of the difference in his and yours interest, by asking questions, you will be able to find some common grounds.

Take up your friend's offer to introduce you to him, you need an ice breaker.
Once its done, you'll feel much better about talking to him on your own if you see him again, and hopefully vice versa. Hope it goes well for you Confusedmile: