Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relapsed into smoking again......
I quit smoking cigarettes over two and half years ago. I had a perfect quit under my belt till last friday night. When the senate in NY pass the SSM bill I decided to celebrate by smoking a cigar that friday night. I figured it wouldnt hurt nothing since it was just one cigar and I never liked smoking them any ways. Well that one cigar turned into 15 cigars over the span of this past week. I started going through withdrawls at work on friday july first because I misplaced the half of the cigar I brought to work with me. It was then I realized I was in trouble. I was back at square one. They arent lying when they say it only takes one puff. Let this be a warning to everybody to stay smoke free. I fully intend to stop smoking immediately and salvage my quit. Going through hell week for the 2nd time is going to be a royal pain but its going to be worth it. Once you get back into the habit of smoking it takes over and it gets ingrained into your daily routine. I am hoping I can avoid that and make quitting easier on myself by stoping now before I get back into smoking on a regular schedule.

Got 24 hours smoke free so far. YayConfusedmile:

Go easy on yourself. Your human not perfect. I have a friend who just gave up the painkillers after over 10 years of taking them for his cancer. He was tired of the mental state that the pills would put him in. He recently took one and was so hard on himself for it. So kudos to you for taking that big step Marv.

I commend your bravery, Ben. Confusedmile:
Oh wtf, here's a Bighug (not sure it'll weigh up but... it's a start to healthy recovery)

Marvinteck Wrote:Got 24 hours smoke free so far. YayConfusedmile:

Good luck with it Marvinteck!

I managed to stop for 4 months using the 24hr nicotine patches; despite the mad trippy dreams they gave me :biggrin:

Then one day, I had a really stressful day at work so I rebelled and went and bought a pack of cigarettes!
I've tried stopping several times since then but I've failed :frown:

Good luck with it ! - Quite a few people find that they are in the same situation as you - as in going back to smoking after a period its easy to slip and we are only human - Just think of something positive like the amount of money you will be saving :biggrin:
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

Bookworm Wrote:Good luck with it Marvinteck!

I managed to stop for 4 months using the 24hr nicotine patches; despite the mad trippy dreams they gave me :biggrin:

Then one day, I had a really stressful day at work so I rebelled and went and bought a pack of cigarettes!
I've tried stopping several times since then but I've failed :frown:

Wow. I had 3 of those patches that a friend left in my place. I just threw them out after awhile because I had no use for them ( I have never smoked). But now that I read your post, I wish I would have kept them!!!

Yes, you should have kept them :biggrin:

Mind you, some nights it was like living on Elm Street :eek:

Good luck with quitting again.

I'm always dieing for a fag when I start thinking about it lol!!

I had to give up because I was smoking green to while I was at uni, but smoking that crap was starting to fuck up my disablity.

I havent smoked a fag in 8 months now...

So weird how fag has such a different meaning in the U.K. than here in the U.S. :tongue:

Good luck! I smoked a little in college for a bit. I quit May 1 end of my junior year, but relapsed briefly during winter finals of my senior year! Luckily it didn't take much for me to quit the second time compared to the first, but I was never a heavy smoker.

My dad on the other hand finally ended up quitting after years of smoking more and more, at least a pack a day. My mom said his withdrawals were like you'd see on a movie involving a drug addiction withdrawal - sweats in the night, etc. But he kicked it. He'd chewed some in the past too, and ended up having mouth cancer. Had to have some surgeries including a small part removed of teeth etc - luckily they caught it early so it all was relatively minor. Had he continued smoking, perhaps it would have been worse.

Anyway, having been there on a small scale myself and having seen how bad it can be with my dad, am definitely offering m support and well wishes Smile Good luck!