Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Writing a letter to my best mate...
Im to scared to tell my best mate Im gay, I been out now for two nearly three months and I think its time to tell my mate that Im gay. But where the fuck do I start, Hes says he hates bisexuals, well im not bi so it shouldnt be a problem I think lol!!

I just dont know where to start, I have had discussions about if I was gay I wouldnt try it on with him (my bff) as hes like a brother to me.

I want to be truthfull towards him as he knows something is up as we both have stop talking to one another.

I dont want to lost this friend, we been friends since we where 12 or 13.

I'm slowing losing conact with him now, so part of me thinks I shouldnt bother telling him and let our friendship die but I know thats thw wrong thing to do as he will always plus me thinking what happend???

Are you sure a letter is the best way to tell him?
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

Well if you're slowly losing contact with him anyway, what do you have to lose? If he's your best friend he will support you. If he doesn't support you, he's not your best friend, and you can let the relationship die like you figured you might do anyway.

Coming out in a letter or an email is a two-sided coin, and you rarely consider this until after you send it out. If you tell someone in person, you can gauge their reaction immediately. The trade off is that you have to tell them in person, which is often more difficult. If you come out in a letter, you have time to choose your words carefully and say everything you want to say without the possibility of being interrupted. The trade off is that there is no telling when the other person will respond. They might not check their email for a day or two, or the post might be late for one reason or another, but I would bet money that the first thing we all think when we don't get a prompt reply is "that's it. He hates me and he doesn't want anything to do with me." I'm not trying to sway you one way or another on how to tell him, but I came out to my best friend in an email, and I didn't sleep at all that night because he took a while to write back, and I thought he had decided I wasn't even worth a goodbye.

I understand being scared. It's always scary telling someone you care about something they might take badly and hold against you. You say your friendship seems to be drifting apart anyway. This may be the thing that brings you guys closer together, as it did with me and my friend. If it ends your friendship, that's one less bigoted jerk in your life, and your character will be stronger for having gone through with it.

My problem is he wont talk to me, every time I try and get near he drives off or wont open then door, hes thinking theres another problem, I have a small feeling he knows I gay but thinks I fancy him lol.
He has AS (Asperger syndrome) so the way he is if he gets an idea in his head its differcult for him to get over it.

I just though writing a letter might give my a fighting chance at explaining whats happened. I did to sort this out as he goes to the same raves as me and I dont want to get in a fight at one of these raves.

I'll give it to his brother or gf btw x