Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Venting i guess...
I'm biologicly a female and even with Sexual reassignment surgery, i will never be able to make kids with my wife....
surgery (that i've read about) doesnt allow me to make sperm so im never gonna be able to have kids with the girl i marry. i love my girlfriend and shes the one i wanna marry. i love her so much. and i have all these scenarios in my head about when we're older. I fantasise and play out what it would be like to have a kid. I dunno.. I really want to be able to make a kid with her. our own flesh an blood. but this is never gonna happen. its really upsetting me and i feel bad for bringing it on to her because it makes her upset that i get upset, that i wont be able to ever do this. i feel so bad for making her worry about me. I just cant help but talking about it. she knows how much this means to me. how bad i want to be the father of her kids in the future when we're ready. i just cant ever make that a reality..
sorry for the venting. just upset.

This place is meant to Vent, so please do. I understand your pain, just don't know what to say to help. Good luck!!

I undertsand 100% what you are saying Zombie.

As part of gender reassignment, are ovaries removed or left intact? If they are removed, can they be preserved?

One option would be, say if you wanted 2 kids, you could have one of your eggs fertilised by a donor sperm and implanted in you girlfriends womb as a surrogate, and then later on perhaps your partner can be fertilised also by a donor sperm...perhaps the same donor???

That's just the first thought that popped into my head so it may sound stupid.

I’m afraid without the Y chromosome which has a gene on it called SYR (sex-determining Region-Y) this gene is important in getting the ball rolling making testes, and testes are important for making testosterone and other androgens. And we know that is what makes the boy parts, testosterone and androgen receptor (AR) then turns on a lot of different genes that eventually make a male fertile, without all that going on in a young male’s body there is no fertility or sperm.

But in the fullness of time you may want to consider adoption, I appreciate that an adopted child is not biologically related, but hey millions of people have adopted children and have been happy. Or even sperm donation which as already been mentioned. Still my heart goes out to you.

You are the same age I was when I dreamed very powerful dreams of being a father many times. I was very lucky that I didn't know myself well enough at the time to think that I couldn't go through with it.

Many people in relationships suffer the pain of not being able to create a child who is biologically their own. I can only imagine how that kind of frustration must play on every thought.

I wish you the best and hope you find a way to be at peace with yourself. As others above have said, maybe you'll find a way of being able to find another path into parenthood. If it's really what you want it is a marvellous experience.

there are 10billion peeps already feeling the same way as you.

Every time that i have this feeling im always thinking that there are a lot of kids out there that they need my love and my help more than those that i may have biologicaly...
So im thinking an image of a child in the orphan sad and wanting a parent and then me with this child in my house well prepared for it in and happy!

I hope that makes you feel better Wink

Sorry to hear your feeling down about this. Although there are a lot of other options to have kids. dfiant spoke about sperm donors and surrogate mothers which is a good option though may cost quite a bit of money.

Now a days there are is quite a lot of orphans. So adopting is another valuble choice which you could consider. You'd be gaining the child you wish to love and the child will be gaining a loving family.

Now I don't mean to derail the thread, nor start a mass debate for that matter. But I was just wondering about stem cell research being able to grow any part of the human body as far I'm aware. Is it possible that in the future if stem cell research is approved that sex changes can be done so that the person can grow the organs they want? For instance the the glands which enable us to produce sperm etc...

Although I'm speak a way head of my time here. But this thread me wonder about the possibilities. and who knows, one day that may become a possibility.

Though for now I think the best choices are sperm donors or adoption.

oh and /hugs. hope you feel better soon.

I believe a few scientists are working on the theory of creating sperm from female cells, the results thus far though aren't encouraging but who knows what breakthroughs they might make in 10 or 20 years!. However like some of the others said there's always adoption or sperm donors, I think I'm trying to say don't give up hope because you'll eventually have kids and when you do you wont care where they came from Confusedmile:

thanks guysSmile we're talking about adoption right now. cos we decided we want to have a kid that needs all the love they can get. instead of trying to add another to the population.