Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
i did it
Yay, well sort of. So i finally came out today not long ago to my mom. She told me she still loves me not matter what and she isn't mad, though she said she isn't exactly ok with the idea. She probably just needs a little bit of time. I'm going to come out to my brother next, he should be just fine, as he had a gay friend once, but i was still afraid to tell him even then. But next to come is my dad. I haven't told him and... i don't know if i have enough courage. I'm going to wait to tell him. If you saw my earring post....yeah he's definetely homophobic. No telling what he will say, but i'm sure the reaction to this will be just awful. :frown:

well im glad you told your mom and im sure your brother will be ok with it but everytime i hear about dads situation it never turns out good but good luck and im here for you

Congratulations Wolf.

Cool

Best of luck with brother and father.

Keep us updated.

even if you talked to your mother she may not know what it means. if by a slim chance that is the case be prepared to give her some reading material the next time you see her

Good job Wolf!!

I'm really hoping your dad accepts you, keep us posted.

Congrats and all the best...keep us posted and feel free to chat if you need a sounding board Wink

Is it only me or is Homophobia most common among men?

Congrats with your success mate Smile

Aester Wrote:Is it only me or is Homophobia most common among men?
Smile

It's not just you. For some reason straight men believe that every gay man wants to sleep with them and that thought makes them feel insecure with their own sexuality. I can only hazard at guessing that str8 men that believe a gay man wants to sleep with him for the mere fact he is gay makes them question why this mythical attraction is mythologically occuring :-)

I confuse me sometimes too Tongue

Dearest Wolf,

Congratulations on you're being brave and taking such bold steps. I hope everything turns out okay for the best. And please be aware that some have lost their home when they took such a step. Please make sure you have some place to go before you come out to your Dad just in case he doesn't accept you as you are.

You can always choose to come out to people "indirectly" to test to see how they will treat you BEFORE you come out to them:

Things you can say to test the other person's response to you before you come out to them directly:

a) "I know someone at school who is gay, how do you feel about gay people?"
b) "A friend of mine just came out to his father that he's gay."
c) "My ex...he...told me once about this cool place to visit for lunch."
d) "A guy at work told his dad that he was gay...how would you respond if one of your children told you that they were gay? Would you still love them?"

Coming out "indirectly" let's you guage how the person will treat you personally.

Just don't make the mistake I made. I came out DIRECTLY on Mother's Day. Bad idea. LOL!Roflmao

Congratulations, Wolf. I am sure that must feel better Xyxthumbs

Quote:It's not just you. For some reason straight men believe that every gay man wants to sleep with them ...

... just as they also seem to believe that every straight woman wants to sleep with them, that they can "turn" lesbians with their sexual prowess and that dogs hump their legs because they are irresistible to all species :tongue: