Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
drunk talk=true talk???
i was at the local gay club with my buddy and my wife for his birthday. i guess my wife saw me "flirting" with some other guys. i feel i was being social, but she thinks i was flirting. any ways she says that she asked me if i was bi and i told her that i dont know. i vaguely remember this. anyways she said that drunk talk=truth. just wondering what all of your takes are on that. on the bright side, she seemed ok with my answer.

wakeboarder Wrote:i was at the local gay club with my buddy and my wife for his birthday. i guess my wife saw me "flirting" with some other guys. i feel i was being social, but she thinks i was flirting. any ways she says that she asked me if i was bi and i told her that i dont know. i vaguely remember this. anyways she said that drunk talk=truth. just wondering what all of your takes are on that. on the bright side, she seemed ok with my answer.

Alcohol will definitely make you lose your "inhibitions".

In other words, you might say and do things while under the influence of alcohol that you would normally "suppress" while sober.

Is that honest? Perhaps, in a way. But how many times have we said something while drunk that we regretted the next day because we used vulgar or less sensitive language than we would have chosen if we were sober?

See what I'm saying? Those thoughts may be HONEST but inappropriate.

Maybe the question for you is the same: Was the flirting honest and appropriate? You say your wife didn't seem to mind your answer. If you're really curious about these things maybe you should sit down sober with your wife and talk about it.

Good luck.
Smile

wakeboarder Wrote:anyways she said that drunk talk=truth.
ya sure (not).

wakeboarder Wrote:on the bright side, she seemed ok with my answer.

Well I would say that's a blessing, and so I would move on and not think to deeply about your intoxicated truths..!

Coffee

In vino veritas.

酒後吐真言

נכנס יין יצא סוד

Ἐν οἴνῳ ἀλήθεια

---

No matter the language, the message is identical. Drinking makes lying difficult.

I can't say that this is true for everyone, but it is definitely true for me. When I am drinking I tend to be brutally honest about anything, even things I would normally keep quiet about. I think it just has to do with alcohol lowering your inhibitions, and when you lose your inhibitions you want to tell the truth and you don't care who knows it.
Richard

drunk doesnt equal truth. theres some stuff way out there I talk about when Im drunk and the shit dont exist. so tell your wife to rethink think that hypthothesis.

Hello,
I always beleive drunk talk is true talk.... When my boyfriend and me were going threough a roughh patch he told me things he wouldnt when sober... I would say the best thing to do is now you said your bi is admit it and not give her more fuel or allow egg on your face the day you do either come out or get caught out x

i will never put myself into a position that would allow even the remote posibility to be cought. ie i would never cheet on her. with a guy or girl. i would rather just come out and say it to her. it would be WAY less painful for the both of us. but either way i feel inside that it would break her heart or thats what im scared of.

False.

People will lie if drunk or sober. A drunk is, most likely, going to tell more since they are loosened up. But then again I have heard the confessions of many drunks who confessed to many things that they actually did not do.

A drunk will be more willing to tell what s/he views to be truth. For instance you saw yourself only being social, you believed it to be social. Thus your perception of that truth is what you would blurt out, or slur out - depending on how drunk you are. Wink

That doesn't mean you were not flirting, it only means that you perceived your actions as not being flirty.