Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
8 year age gap: right or wrong?
HumbleTangerine Wrote:I'm 18 and I think 16 year olds are too young for me.

SnAp!!!!! Xyxthumbs
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

It's getting completely called off.

Thank you all for your input.

On a side note; what about *just friends*?

do you really have to ask if friendship is okay? hmmmm Curious. I don't mean to offend you kind sir, it just seems obvious. Friendship? sure! Sex with underage even with consent? NO! Smile For everything a time and a season. Wavey
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Anonymous Wrote:On a side note; what about *just friends*?

I would think it is a bad idea if the "friendship" started out with a lie.

East Wrote:I would think it is a bad idea if the "friendship" started out with a lie.

It's true, but one has to learn to forgive. I understand a youngster wanting to have an immediate relationship with someone he likes. He would not be the first nor the last to have lied about his age to have sex or to have a steady boyfriend.

Their was few months ago a similar situation and the ops came up asking information. He was also 23 and the boyfriend was 16, but it started with a lie as well, but in the last detail we've got from the ops they have worked their differences and they have been a quite happy couple from what I understood.

The real matter here is that if the ops decides to go ahead and date the boy, he just needs to know the heavy luggages that come with such relationship. If he's ready to face the reality of such relationship, one never knows it could be a very long lasting relationship.

That is a gigantic issue. I would get rid of him asap. Do not associate with him futher. You could end up in jail for statutory rape.

"Tell the press we're just 'Good Friends'" goes back to ancient Rome. At least. That's when Antony told the guys on the steps of her palace that he and Cleopatra were "just good friends". Anyone knows "good friends" is code speak for we're not doing it right now but we may be thinking of doing it but if we don't think of it someone will remind us that we're good friends and we'll remember that good friend often do it but they hadn't said they'd do it or not. Look, you've got a possibly 16 year old liar on your hands-and your mind evidently-but none of that seems to percolate. I'm betting that being "good friends" was his idea, the better to keep you around until six or eight months go by and, wonder of wonders, he finds a birth certificate that makes him old enough to have voted for Reagan. Twice. Suggest that he take up boy scouts or 4H or DeMolay but drop you. Just as you're going to drop him and then you can tell anyone-and the press and the cops-that not only are you not good friends but you want the little creep out of your life.

If you want to screw him (I see that you say it's called off and asked the "just friends" question), I'd say you need to wait until he's legal. Perhaps a few months after he's legal, even.

That said? As 'just friends' with no sexual contact, I don't see anything wrong with it. Some might see your friendship as a little odd, but you're not doing anything wrong.

I agree with East, though. My personal issue (whether he's legal but 8 years younger, or 'just friends') wouldn't be his age. It would be the dishonesty he's clearly already demonstrated.

"Face facts: you're a sex offender. You need to register at the police station, and if you move, you'll need to register at that local police station. You may even need to post your new neighborhood with pics of yourself stating that a sex offender has moved into the area. Every couple of years, or if you change your look dramatically, you'll have to update your photo. You'll never work near kids, whether in a hospital, school, or even McDonald's restaurant. Even places that can hire you will likely not do so. And this will be your reality for the rest of your life."

...is what you'll be told if you go through with this. And it won't matter if you were in love, or if he tricked you, or if he was a day away from being "of age", or anything. This one decision will never, ever, leave you.