Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
a year ago
pardon me but I've got several thoughts that I need to put onto paper.

first of all, within the past month, work has become rather unpleasant. to make a long story short, I no longer have the support of my immediate management and I've noticed the proverbial, "writing on the wall."

after the panic subsided, with my emotions calmer and head clearer, I've developed a plan forward and have lined up several potential opportunities. now, this coming Monday, 02Feb2015, things will get from bad to worse. and normally, I'd be livid about it, instead I'm apathetic. I don't really care and have become blasé about it. whatever! It is no longer a positive environment and rather than expend my energy to something I think is futile, I've just accepted it for what it is and will just go with the flow.

in spite of the unpleasantries at work, life ALWAYS has a way of working out. of balancing the bad with the good. now onto something that happened unexpectedly. if you had asked me a year ago what would have transpired recently, never in my wildest dreams would I have imagined this to occur.

this is my current home screen on my phone...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Isn't it strange how, sometimes, things in one area of our lives go to shite but things in another area dramatically improve? Wink What a nice pic for your phone's home page!
What exactly has changed at work, and why is it going to get worse so soon? I mean, it is fantastic that you already have other options lined up, but it must be frustrating to feel like you have gone from being a valued member of a team to now having to plan a future elsewhere! If you don't mind me asking, what caused the sudden turn-around?
~Beaux

Beaux Wrote:Isn't it strange how, sometimes, things in one area of our lives go to shite but things in another area dramatically improve? Wink What a nice pic for your phone's home page!
What exactly has changed at work, and why is it going to get worse so soon? I mean, it is fantastic that you already have other options lined up, but it must be frustrating to feel like you have gone from being a valued member of a team to now having to plan a future elsewhere! If you don't mind me asking, what caused the sudden turn-around?
~Beaux

unfortunately, i made a mistake almost 8 years ago and I'm still dealing with its reprecussions. my unit got reassigned recently. therefore, those past issues were exhumed again because i moved under another organization, not by my own choice...but it is what it is. I've been through worse at work before. what I'm experiencing now is nothing i cannot handle. hence, seeking other opportunities.

in spite of it all, i recently rediscovered something i found in a fortune cookie. and it is quite appropriate, now more than ever!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Our mistakes do follow us, and God knows we all make them, but it is a shame that you are having to deal now with something that you did 8 years ago and thought you were past.
I realize that it is cold comfort, but I (similarly to your fortune cookie lol) believe that everything happens for a reason; when one looks outward with that perspective, you can at least believe that what you are going through now will eventually lead you to greater happiness on some tomorrow! Smile
Please keep us updated. I know that I will be wondering about how things will be going for you and hoping for the best!
~Beaux

Congratulations, man! Smile

Not just about the current screen on your phone and it's connotations, but also about finding that place mentally and emotionally where your employer can't fuck up your head with their BS. And about having lined things up and gotten prepared, as well. Serious Kudos on all counts.

Nice pic trywait!!!! I am happy for you Xyxthumbs

As for the job situation...you sound as if you have it all together and are approaching it in the best possible way. Attitude plays such a HUGE ROLE in most everything in life.....and I am delighted to read that your attitude and approach to the situation is perfect.....

I am confident that you will land on your feet Love2

It is now nearly 6 years since I was forced out of a 23-year job by a manipulative asshole (to put it in the kindliest of terms available) and I will forever rage against employers who deal in and allow such crap. Dump the motherfuckers, trywait, and set yoruself free.

It is a sad thing to say, but the world economy wold indeed collapse if all of the employers who deal in this currency were bankrupted.

I am reminded of a phrase in an old labor song. "Their a bunch o' muckers all, goddamn their eyes!"
I bid NO Trump!

glad to hear of the positive thing happening.

As for the rest, just do what you can and prepare for changes.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!

thanks everyone! life is good! and things miraculously always work out in the end. there is a time and place for everything.

I've got the potential for something amazing! and for the longest time, it's been pretty much about work. and it should be about life! and now, I have something worth living for! what more can I ask for?

sure the uncertainty at work is something I wouldn't want to be in, but it's just work. it isn't life! and it will not comfort me when I need someone to lift me up. it will not cook me chicken noodle soup when I'm sick. and it will definitely not keep me warm in bed.

aloha pumehana

As one who owns their own business and sees the best and worst of times.....I have to say that your attitude is great......I used to fret......from 2008 to 2013 was just awful some days....but now, as you say, I've noticed that things work out....what is the old saying?

God doesn't shut a door but that He opens a window.....