Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A revolution in your kitchen: THERMOMIX!
jimcrackcorn Wrote:Very good advice MisterTinkles... If I could only get my hubby to sell them!! He is a semi-hoarder who just can't let go of possessions sometimes.

Earlier this year we had a yard-sale and dear hubby made sure that the prices were too high for anyone to buy. Me,,,, not wanting to see this stuff end up back in the closets,,, drastically lowered the prices as soon as my hubby went in to take his afternoon nap. What I couldn't sell quickly, I gave away for free. Needless to say, there was nothing left by the time my husband awoke from his nap. He wasn't too pleased with what I had done, but I quite enjoyed seeing the happy faces on patrons who were delighted to get something they wanted without having to spend a lot of money,, or in some cases, no money at all.

My husband knows better than to leave me to my own devices when it comes to selling stuff at a yard sale. As soon as he turns his back - everything is automatically 50% off.

Don't get me going about non-stick pots & pans. They never seem to last more than 6 months around my place.

You are a sneaky cuss aren't you???? I like that!!!! LOL

Well, I used to hoard stuff like that too, then I ran out of room. And then I realized...."Hey! If I get rid of THIS stuff, I can buy SOMETHING ELSE!!!". So that helped me a lot, getting rid of some stuff I never used.

The "non stick" stuff I am talking about is purely baking pans. I LOVE shaped/molded baking pans. I LOVE NordicWare bundt pans!!!!
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ2nEgriiApFzQ4nOT7hdX...U_QPsmV09L]
I have a few different shapes and sizes in these things. They are non-stick, and I have never had a problem with them. But lesser brand non-sticks, hell..even Corningware non-stick just is not non-stick at all!!!!!

I dont know if you know this, you probably do....but there is "painted on" non-stick coating, and "bonded" non-stick coating. Brands like Calphalon and Analon cookware are bonded non-stick cookware. The cheaper stuff is just sprayed onto the metal.
Bonded cookware lasts longer, because the non-stick is bonded into the metal. The painted on stuff chips off and peels off after so many uses.

And something I found out this year......non-stick coatings are made for slow, low heat cooking, not hot and fast cooking like frying. Cooking "hot" with non-stick pans will shorten their lifespan apparently.

I dont think thats completely true. I have had some Calphalon and Analon pans for a long time, and I have used them for boiling and frying, and they are over 10 years old, and still working fine.

Damn, I want to cook for someone now! I hate it when I buy all these neat things and cant use them.

Nope. No interest here. I prefer doing things the old fashioned way.

Through the years I discovered that most of those kitchen gadgets they come up with usually end up being more work than what I already have.

Besides which, I don't make sorbet, or ice cream or 'fancy' goods like that... So I have no need for this stuff.

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Nope. No interest here. I prefer doing things the old fashioned way.

Through the years I discovered that most of those kitchen gadgets they come up with usually end up being more work than what I already have.

Besides which, I don't make sorbet, or ice cream or 'fancy' goods like that... So I have no need for this stuff.

Yep, I totally support doing it the old fashioned way. Here's a picture of the mixer I use:

[IMG][Image: index.jpg][/IMG]
We Have Elvis !!

Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Nope. No interest here. I prefer doing things the old fashioned way.

Yes, Ive seen you in the corn and wheat fields pulling a plow and planting seeds. None of that new fangled, air conditioned grocery store nonsense for YOU!!

MisterLove Wrote:I recently ordered the wonderful non-stick baking dish for my Philips Airfryer. I made the mistake of mixing the ingredients in the baking dish and, as a result, there were scratches all over the surface - even though I was extremely careful and used a silicone spoon. I was so upset I actually ordered another one.

Non-stick pots and dishes do work but they seem to be extremely fragile.

Cast iron is always best but has the downside of time to heat, care and washing. However if you prep and use them properly they last a lifetime and have always been non-stick for me.

I still keep a non-stick pan for things like eggs though and a generic metal pan for other things I don't want to spend ages on doing with cast iron like simply browning meat for a slow cooker.

I also only have 2 knives. A Chef's knife and a paring knife.

I love Thermomix but Thermomix Spain is even better:

Hosted by the talented Teresa Barrenechea (here with his son, who's an absolute cutie).

Barrenechea always reminds of those powerful female leads in Almodovar films.

You don't want to mess with this lady.

What the hell is wrong with that boys hair?
Hopefully he will be able to buy a brush or comb with the money he gets from this commercial.