Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A revolution in your kitchen: THERMOMIX!
If I have a full size kitchen I stick with the old ways of doing things.

The only gadget I have aside from a kettle and toaster is a soup machine (a kettle with a blender in it that does it by program). It makes great soups (I mostly make veggie blended soups) in about 20 minutes. I don't really need any other gadgets but I'd love to have a real blender and food processor. I'll wait till I get a read home though.

Also I'm still on the hunt to find a REAL food masher. Every potato/food masher I find these days are one sided like so...

[Image: Kitchen-Potato-Masher.jpg]

They love to bend and disform and make substandard mash. While I know there is real mashers out there it seems no one near me wants to stock them Sad I just want the masher I had in my family as a kid, that thing lasted over 3 decades and is still going strong. It looked like this.

[Image: Mini_Potato_Masher_Assorted_Colours_-_19...0.1280.jpg]

I hate how nothing aside from cast iron cooking goods last a lifetime anymore Sad

Had to be the Germans......

I don't know if we have them here...

and I would prefer traditional cooking nevertheles..

but for time saving purposes, this seems oftly good

Here in the USA, these are "pooper scoopers" for cat boxes...
[Image: Kitchen-Potato-Masher.jpg]

This is the "tater masher" my granny used....so this is the one Im used too....

[Image: potato-masher.jpg]

Here are some others....
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcR3R86oWhNWDOke9ki2A_b...V9k4s4yYqO]
[Image: potato-masher-smasher.jpg]
[Image: drop-shipping-kitchen-fruit-vegetable-potato.jpg]
[Image: CF-J740.jpg]
[Image: smoo-350c.jpg]
[Image: shutterstock_755319.jpg]

Shiner Wrote:I [Image: Kitchen-Potato-Masher.jpg]

What the f*** is this?!

Believe me, when it comes to mashed potatoes, nothing beats Thermomix.

MisterTinkles Wrote:[Image: potato-masher.jpg]

Welcome to the Middle Ages. Smile

MisterLove Wrote:Welcome to the Middle Ages. Smile

Sometimes the simplest things work the best.

MisterTinkles Wrote:Oh wow........I would love to have a Kitchen Aid mixer with all the attachments!!!

But if you are'nt using yours, you might try and sell them on ebay. Hell, if you have a lot of stuff hubby isnt using anymore, and its still in good shape, you might try selling on ebay.

Especially this time of year, people buy more attachments for their gizmos and mixers than during the rest of the year.

And Im kind of like your hubby also....except Im that way with baking pans. If I buy a "non stick" pan, I expect what I bake in it to come right out. If it doesnt, the pan is worthless to me, so I sell it on ebay. I sold two of those last year on ebay. I got a deal from the store I got them at, "buy one, get one free". They were labeled "non stick" but when I baked in them, I had to dig the stuff out with a plastic knife, because it wouldnt come out of the pans!!

Anyway, if you dont want that stuff piling up, try and sell it on ebay, or at a consignment store!!

Very good advice MisterTinkles... If I could only get my hubby to sell them!! He is a semi-hoarder who just can't let go of possessions sometimes.

Earlier this year we had a yard-sale and dear hubby made sure that the prices were too high for anyone to buy. Me,,,, not wanting to see this stuff end up back in the closets,,, drastically lowered the prices as soon as my hubby went in to take his afternoon nap. What I couldn't sell quickly, I gave away for free. Needless to say, there was nothing left by the time my husband awoke from his nap. He wasn't too pleased with what I had done, but I quite enjoyed seeing the happy faces on patrons who were delighted to get something they wanted without having to spend a lot of money,, or in some cases, no money at all.

My husband knows better than to leave me to my own devices when it comes to selling stuff at a yard sale. As soon as he turns his back - everything is automatically 50% off.

Don't get me going about non-stick pots & pans. They never seem to last more than 6 months around my place.
We Have Elvis !!

MisterTinkles Wrote:
Sometimes the simplest things work the best.

Next time you come to Madeira Island, come to my place, I'll cook you a great dinner with mashed potatoes using my Thermomix and I guarantee you'll never use the medieval thing again.

jimcrackcorn Wrote:[...] Don't get me going about non-stick pots & pans. They never seem to last more than 6 months around my place.

I recently ordered the wonderful non-stick baking dish for my Philips Airfryer. I made the mistake of mixing the ingredients in the baking dish and, as a result, there were scratches all over the surface - even though I was extremely careful and used a silicone spoon. I was so upset I actually ordered another one.

Non-stick pots and dishes do work but they seem to be extremely fragile.