Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Advice on getting help!
Sometimes you just have to walk through the therapist's door. Write down what you want to say and go. It'll get easier and you'll feel better for it,

Ant Wrote:Thank you everyone for taking the time to reply back. I really appreciate your help and I know you are right. If someone had asked me I would probably given them the same advice, I seem to be good at giving advice but not good at taking it.

Even the baby steps are worrying, I can't see a future where I'm out to friends and family and actually living a happy life. The though of going to work and everyone know is just terrifying! I would defiantly say the biggest problem is that I haven't fully accepted it myself yet.

Thanks again.

And this is SO common. Think of all the poor chaps who've not even got a place like GS to turn to for some relief. You've scratched the surface, and bravely so. Take your time. Stay connected. Keep it simple. Look forward to knowing you along the way!
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

Ant Wrote:Even the baby steps are worrying, I can't see a future where I'm out to friends and family and actually living a happy life. The though of going to work and everyone know is just terrifying! I would defiantly say the biggest problem is that I haven't fully accepted it myself yet.

Hi Ant, I hear ya.

Coming out to yourself is the biggest step. It can also be the hardest. It could be the best place to try those baby steps. Practice on yourself.

A certain Mr. Freud would have had a merry ole chuckle about your use of defiantly instead of definitely. Sometime the phrase 'Freudian slip' can be revealing.

Good luck with it. Pengy