Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Body groomer issues..
The other day I was looking to buy "Phillips body groom" but then I was offered a "better brand" which was called "babyliss body groom"

So after checking it out at the store I was convinced it was good. So I purchased it. Though, trying it at home proved it to be different. You know, me being a hairy man, it's a problem for me using a body groom and not getting my hair cut completely and leaving the skin smooth. It didn't serve the purpose, it left stubble hair on my body or hair is cut but I can still feel rough or stingy feeling when I run my hand across my back or chest. Like a sand paper..

So that didn't please me and I am not satisfied with the results. It made me question if all body groomers did the same thing

Also the hair grows back pretty fast within couple of days.

Please, let me know what you think? If you have any reccomendations of really good brands that you know of, I'll appreciate that !

verysimple Wrote:The other day I was looking to buy "Phillips body groom" but then I was offered a "better brand" which was called "babyliss body groom" ....
I don't use such products but here in the States if that were to happen? I'd return the product to the place I bought it and ask for a refund or exchange for the product that I knew worked.

MikeW Wrote:I don't use such products but here in the States if that were to happen? I'd return the product to the place I bought it and ask for a refund or exchange for the product that I knew worked.

So a body groomer isn't supposed to give that result then...

Hair growth and regrowth, is highly dependent on your genetics, moreso than on a Razor:

Tho one trick we use in the Atlanto-Caribbean region for faster, thicker hair growth, is aloe vera and braiding, to help facilitate easier and stronger hair.

But as for body hair; we tend not to be a hairy sort of people anyway, but those who are typically either leave it or regularly manicure themselves or get it done for them.

Its not strange here, for even Straight men to get their eyebrows done, in fact, almost all but the older generation of men do it at some point or the other.

I think that you should try to work with your body and find things that aid your body in the way that you would like to see results in.

I do know eating lots of fish helps control the regrowth of things like leg hair and what not: I eat a little bowl of curry tuna and pilau every so often, and shave my legs about once every two months.

Sadly for you tho, I know more on how to maintain and grow hair on your head, than I do for bodily hair removal remedies.

Sheep

I could teach you on how to strengthen your hair and exfoliate your scalp Cat3

verysimple Wrote:So a body groomer isn't supposed to give that result then...
IDK... I don't use that kind of product. But I thought you were saying the Phillips product worked better. That was my point. If so, return the one that you were sold instead.

verysimple Wrote:The other day I was looking to buy "Phillips body groom" but then I was offered a "better brand" which was called "babyliss body groom"

So after checking it out at the store I was convinced it was good. So I purchased it. Though, trying it at home proved it to be different. You know, me being a hairy man, it's a problem for me using a body groom and not getting my hair cut completely and leaving the skin smooth. It didn't serve the purpose, it left stubble hair on my body or hair is cut but I can still feel rough or stingy feeling when I run my hand across my back or chest. Like a sand paper..

So that didn't please me and I am not satisfied with the results. It made me question if all body groomers did the same thing

Also the hair grows back pretty fast within couple of days.

Please, let me know what you think? If you have any reccomendations of really good brands that you know of, I'll appreciate that !

it all depends on your hair type, not on the blade you use to cut it. if your hair is on the rough and coarse side, there is no way in the world to get you smooth. the ''best'' blades in the world are not gonna change the texture of your hair, which is in your genes. and yes, it'll feel even rougher just after shaving, because of the sharp edges you just made on your hairs.

you just have to live with it.

PS. try aftershave balms. those things should smooth you out a bit. although you can't take the edge off a knife with a lotion (or with a different blade), which is what you're trying to do.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

Even if you were to shave smooth, you will inevitability very quickly have stubble so it feels rough. Waxing lasts longer but is very painful. I've never tried sugaring.

You may also want to consider trimming to a short enough length that doesn't feel like stubble, like 3 - 6 mm (1/8 - 1/4"). Then you look tidy but never feel prickly.

[Also remember that opposites can attract. Like smooth blond Nordic guys? Being a hairy Arab might be just what they're looking for!]

meridannight Wrote:it all depends on your hair type, not on the blade you use to cut it. if your hair is on the rough and coarse side, there is no way in the world to get you smooth. the ''best'' blades in the world are not gonna change the texture of your hair, which is in your genes. and yes, it'll feel even rougher just after shaving, because of the sharp edges you just made on your hairs.

you just have to live with it.

PS. try aftershave balms. those things should smooth you out a bit. although you can't take the edge off a knife with a lotion (or with a different blade), which is what you're trying to do.

Oh no boo;

I don't know how they does do it in Italy-land, but it is possible to smoothen coarse gurls out, but it just takes extra maintenance and a lil dietary change.

I know some guys who eat lots of certain fruits to help cut back on tensile hair and the volume.

Rice supposedly helps with the root strength, hence a lot of our meals contain rice (Pilau) lol.

@verysimple, I think maybe you'd like to consider bodywaxing. The Arabs have invented a very efficient caramel waxing system. Is there any way you can find out from some beautician?

A male model undergoes this type of epilation in the following video.

Groomers (trimmers) shorten hair to varying lengths, but if you want smooth, you'll have to shave or wax after the trim.