Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Community.
I joined almost an year ago, because I wanted to come out but I was scared. So I came here to seek help and comfort.

Seems like everyone has joined for similar reasons which is good as it shows the site helps. Anybody new reading this if you feel worried about posting a first comment don't, if you'd rather PM someone then do it I can almost guarantee anyone you PM would be willing to give some good advice and listen. The thing to remember is there is a great community on here - and even though not everybody gets on they still do care...
[COLOR="Purple"]As I grow to understand less and less,
I learn to love it more and more.
[/COLOR]

I came here when I was so down..

I just needed to entertain myself and read some insightful & positive posts..

A year and 6 months have passed and I am staying because of the friends I never thought I would ever have

I can say I learned a lot of things because of GS and I'm a better person Smile

Still one of the best support and advice sites I have found as it is worldwide and has many members who care, we have the blunt answers which is good along with those who try to give comfort, which is also good. I appreciate those who smack me along side the head once in awhile to make me look at the whole picture rather than the tunnel vision I get sometimes. I have lots of friends here and I appriciate them all
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Same reason of many others. I didn't have any friend in the LGBT community, and being in the closet I didn't have someone to talk about myself, this part of myself.
Also at that time I was in London since only few months so I didn't have a lot of friend in that place. Etc.
I joined loads of communities but only to see that in other places the people is looking for sex, etc, I was here for advices, and 'talk about being bi' without talking only about my penis size, what I prefer and these things...
I tried.
And I liked the community, I'm not the one who talks a lot in private in chat/PM but I really found many nice people. I'm not happy to see that some of them (some of you!) are now self deleted or banned...
This place helped me in the last 1.? year...

I joined when my life was all harmonious and shit... I was just bored of the SOS on Answerbag and stumbled alone here and decided to take over the place.

I continue to come here predominately out of boredom. Every time I sit down in front of my computer its because I'm either to tired to work outside anymore, its raining (thus I can't work outside any more) or I'm just bored with my life to the point where I need a distraction.

Its either this or I go to 6th street and get me a few grams of sunshine in a bag (meth) and start slamming speed whenever I get bored.

Look, the whole boycotting the site is about fair play. just because a person dumps money into the site doesn't mean they suddenly become immune to the social rules of engagement.

If anything they should be more respectful since they have part ownership in this - meaning they have a vested interest.

I personally find it odd that members can send request after request with account problems (like getting a password reset) and Andy doesn't respond. When his blond, blue eyes favorite pupil has a problem apparently he has a direct line to god.

THAT is not what I signed up here for 3-4 years ago. I came here thinking that 'hey, this is a cool, fair LGBT site that isn't all about hooking up for random sex - this may be a good place to call home' Not 'Oh look another forum with so much internal politics and drama that its going to be another nightmare situation to deal with in my life.

So yes, I know what Gayspeak can offer in the best of times. Unfortunately it would appear that this is not one of those 'best of times' and may actually be the make or break time for the site.

bump this thread
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Bowyn.

You have experienced dolor, but you are not within the dolor maybe "estás sufriendo" and I get it my sweet man.

Yes I agree with James and Bowyn. I know full well what GS can offer and the human quality that you can find here even within people who may not even get along!

That is a lot of what makes a forum. And I understand full well that a site needs funding, resources to survive. If I was in a more positive monetary position I would donate in aheart beat.

Places like this are a haven of safety for people in confusion and in pain.

I hope people don't forget that the human part, the community established here, dynamic, changing, sure, but solid and strong is the best thing about any forum like this!

I joined this website almost a year ago now because I knew I was going to have a really hard time with my b/f breaking up with me and would need support. So I somehow found this site.

I joined because this is the only NON-PLAYER site I have come across in all my years of "surfing the net" looking for decent, gay human beings. I was beginning to think all gays were nothing but brain dead, dick worshiping, adolescent, sex crazed, fashion divas from hell.

I pretty much gave up. If I remember right, I actually found this site by accident.

It's nice to know some gay people out there DO have brains and know how to use them!