Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Date planned, but I'm sick
So here's the dilemma. I've been sick for the last three days and I'm just starting to feel better now. The problem is that I don't feel completely better and I had a date planned for tonight. I'm still sneezing every once in a while and coughing some. My date doesn't have too much free time, so I'm afraid to cancel. This is also our last chance to see the movie we were going to.

So my question is this: should I continue with this date and try to fight the remaining symptoms, or call it off and play it safe?

Well.......In a perfect world, your date would understand that you are sick and not have a problem finding something else to do. If you miss the movie, that sucks but you may be forced to find an alternative activity.

Personally (and you may disregard this, since I have no real dating experience) I would rather let my partner recover and avoid getting sick myself and just find another thing to do some other time, even if it's not in the immediate future.

Also you do have a legit reason for wanting to postpone, so if said date doesn't understand or is unreasonably upset (they may be, to some degree if you were really looking forward to going to this movie) then there may be other issues that you need to address.

Anyways, good luck and hope you get better soon!

Chris

Bighug

As long as you're not a puke-hazard,
I'd stick through it and go.

But, then I'd also take into consideration
where this person stands on your scale of importance.

If you really like him,
have been talking to him for a long time now,
and would love nothing more than to get your foot in the door
to a possible wonderful and lasting relationship....
then I'd go.

But, if it's just some guy you barely know,
and just started talking to,
who you'd fear of making a wrong first impression with...
then I'd retreat and reschedule.

Take one of those superpills that takes away like all of your symptoms.

Coldrex is a good one.

I hate it when colds and coughs get in the way of my life. I usually try to just soldier on though.

I just realised this entire post was basically an advertisement for coldrex. I even quoted their advertisement...

Tell him that you're sick. If he cares about you and really likes you, he'll understand and you can postpone your date. You shouldn't gamble with your health, even if it's just sneezing and coughing.

Go for it, they might want to look after you more, pretend to be worse than you really are and they,ll find it endearing that you still went :p

Let us know how it goes!

Well I don't know how you're feeling; only you know. But the fact that you're here asking about it and highly doubting whether or not you should go, shows that you're probably not feeling very well yet. Personally, I'd reschedule. Sure you may have been looking forward to this date, but it's probably not gonna be that great if you're not feeling well throughout it.
Depending on how long you've guys been dating, you might invite him over at your place to watch a movie on the couch, so at least you won't have to go anywhere and you won't have to sit in a movie theater surrounded my smells of popcorn, chicken wings, and god knows what people eat in there. But that's only if you guys have been dating for a while.

If I couldn't decide then I'd call and ask what he wants to do about it.

Well I ended up using my head and cancelled. Thanks for the advice, y'all. Hopefully I get a good redo soon.