Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did I do something wrong here?
From what it sounds like, he was just looking to hook-up. Sounds to me that you have tried enough. If I were you, I would kinda' back off for a while and see what he does. But it's up to you and how you perceive what has happened so far. Best bet would be to lay off for a while and see where he stands. Then you'll know what he's looking for.

You said he was sending you "mixed signals"...I don't think the signals are mixed at all. I think they are clear. He liked having sex with you and if/when it is convenient he might like to do it again...

(Adam) I had very much the same experience, but I was 18 at the time, so that alone may give you some indication of the lack of maturity your friend is displaying. I met this guy and he flirted a lot and made me feel special. We hung out a couple times and then had great sex. And then we seemed to get caught up in this dance where he gave me just enough attention to keep me hanging around, but was always too busy to spend any real time with me.

Then he heard through mutual friends that I had started talking to my ex again and the friends were speculating that we might get back together. At that point, he started wanting to be with me all the time, until he heard that my ex had moved on, and once again his attention waned.

If I hadn't met Will right around then, I'd probably still be trying to figure the guy out. So no, you didn't do anything wrong, he's one of those people who ne needs the constant ego boost of having a lot of guys wanting him. The guy I'm talking about acted oblivious to the fact that he was messing with my head - but I'm very sure he knew exactly what he was doing, and got off on it.

Thank you all. I keep thinking that maybe I'm just overreacting because I haven't been in the dating loop for so long...but maybe I'm not. I did get a message from him late last night saying he hoped I had had a good Sunday. This was after not communicating with him all day (intentionally on my part). I just responded with "I did. Hope you did as well" and left it at that. If I get a message asking if everything is OK, then I'm going to let him know my feelings. I want him to have the initiative to do this tho...I'm not going to be the one to bring it up.

Kev77 Wrote:Thank you all. I keep thinking that maybe I'm just overreacting because I haven't been in the dating loop for so long...but maybe I'm not. I did get a message from him late last night saying he hoped I had had a good Sunday. This was after not communicating with him all day (intentionally on my part). I just responded with "I did. Hope you did as well" and left it at that. If I get a message asking if everything is OK, then I'm going to let him know my feelings. I want him to have the initiative to do this tho...I'm not going to be the one to bring it up.
Good. And I hope you continue to participate in the forums.