Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Was i wrong?? And does she has the right to be mad at me??
Hey Guys:

After giving this considerable thought...I decided to share this situation with you all for your advice on this matter. I got off work early last night and ran into my nephew who asked for a ride to my older sister's house. One of my other sisters is staying with her for awhile since her divorce early last year and since then...it was brought to my attention that she is dating a new guy and things are going pretty well between them. With that being said...she was home last night and when she saw me...she asked me to do her favor. She went on to tell me that this guy was coming over and they were supposed to go out for a late dinner. However, she claimed that she will not be able to go with him and was helping my older sister with a personal matter and wanted me to stay around and answer the door when he comes by and make up an excuse for her. I immediately decline doing this because I did not want any involvement and fell to understand why she just could not tell him the truth and be done with it. She went on to say that its none of his business and she would owe me if I did her this favor. While we were going back and forth with the bickering...the doorbell rang and there this guy stood at the side door. My sister pushed me towards the door in order to force me into this situation.

I answered the door with a formal greeting and introduced myself since I have never met him. Once I did this...this guy's face light up like a Christmas tree. He responded that he is really happy to finally meet me since out of every member of the family, I was the only one that he had not met. I have to say that this guy was HOT!!!...just GORGEOUS!!! and had a captivating smile that made you MELT!!!..LOL....I went on to tell him this "excuse" that my sister thought up and apologized on her behalf. Although he seemed to fall for this story...he immediately asked me if I would join him for a late dinner? I responded with "Thank you, but no thanks". He kept pushing the issue and kept pursuing me to accept his invitation. He began to pout and I felt my balls move...haha...something about a man begging and pouting in an appropriate moment just gets me...LOL...Therefore, in order to get him to leave the premises...I accepted his invitation. This guy was elated and talked a mile a minute. Once we arrived at the restaurant, he shared a lot with me about his life which I found out that he is a Captain of one of the city's suburban Firefighter chapters. All the while he's chatting...in my head, I'm thinking.."WOW...sis really hit the jackpot with this one"...

Not only was he good looking, he was also very charming, smart and funny to say the least. After dinner, he insisted that I joined him for a couple of cocktails...which I did since I was enjoying his company. Afterwards, he drove me back to my sisters' house since I rode with him to the restaurant. He went in to give me a hug and went on to say that he hoped to see more of me and how much he enjoyed my company and how glad he was that he finally met me. Now..this is where things took an interesting turn. When I went into the house...both my sisters were pissed at me for going off with him. I responded with that he forced me and I agreed in order to save her ass and therefore, I felt she should thank me.

Unfortunately, the both of them disagreed went on to say that because I'm gay that I was making moves on him. WTF???...I took great offense to this considering that I did not want any parts of this situation considering the fact that I was never introduced to him....also, I would never do anything like that especially since I never revealed to him that I was a gay man unless she told him prior to meeting me and he already knew. Also, if she felt that way about things ...then why did she want me to lie for her or better yet...MEET HIM!!!!. She then asked me to leave which I did. Needless to say...I was driving home pissed off with them bringing up the "gay remark". I am very much aware that they both are not accepting of my being gay but I do not care and I keep my distance and not around them rarely. Earlier today...my nephew contacted me to see if I was okay and to tell me that the firefighter had came by and he over heard him going on about how nice of a guy I was and how much enjoyed being around me and how he wanted to hang out with me again. OK...with all that being said...was I wrong in going to dinner with him???...was I out of line??...do my sister have every right to be angry at me???

Thanking all in advance whom had taking the time to read and respond to this...JS

no, you were not wrong going out to dinner with him. you are allowed to make your own friends, whether they are your sister's love interest or not. when you meet someone you get along with/click with you meet him, it's not dependent on anything else than that.
''Do I look civilized to you?''

I now have a slight suspicion that your sister wanted you to answer the door so you could meet the guy alone...and later grill you on whether or not he might be gay. And given that the meeting turned into an all-night date, I'd say she has her answer. Smile

Lex

Nope! You are in the "Right" on this one! Sisters can be a pain in the ass, but she doesn't have any right to complain about this incident, so if she gets catty just tell her to go suck eggs!
Xoxo,
~Beaux

Your family is single-handedly responsible for all the good looking, successful, bitter men in the world???

Your sister started a game, you got on board and claimed innocent, while lusting after her date?

Not only do I find the story odd, and very "Days of our lives",I find the behavior of all characters involved except your sister's date to be very odd.

You on the other hand are very calculating.

I bet you $1000 if this gentleman was not aesthetically pleasing...
you would have declined to go out with him.

Let me open your eyes for a bit. the spawning of your friendship with this gentleman is based on pure deception.

You should have not open the door. you should not have gotten involved.

Beaux Wrote:go suck eggs!

The fact that I am scared of eggs makes this one particularly biting. Ouch. I wonder if that's why I didn't end up straight...

I don't think you've done anything wrong. So what if your sister is angry with you? You've got a fireman to hang out with.

Anocxu Wrote:I bet you $1000 if this gentleman was not aesthetically pleasing...

....and?

Lex

Anocxu Wrote:Your family is single-handedly responsible for all the good looking, successful, bitter men in the world???

Your sister started a game, you got on board and claimed innocent, while lusting after her date?

Not only do I find the story odd, and very "Days of our lives",I find the behavior of all characters involved except your sister's date to be very odd.

You on the other hand are very calculating.

I bet you $1000 if this gentleman was not aesthetically pleasing...

Let me open your eyes for a bit. the spawning of your friendship with this gentleman is based on pure deception.

You should have not open the door. you should not have gotten involved.

I bet you're a nightmare to go out for dinner with...

The only thing you're guilty of is being a really decent person who tries to smooth things over when other people act up. You got pushed into a very awkward situation, and I think you handled it well. No one who actually knows you at all is going to believe that you'd go hit on your sister's bf...given the way your sister was acting, I'm not surprised that he'd rather hang out with you lol.

Don't let them or anyone else get to you...you aren't in the wrong here.

I don't feel you did anything wrong. Your sister put you in a situation you didn't want to be in; and because she's your sister, you got involved. I think sis realized that this guy may have enjoyed your company more than he would have hers.

The very fact that she wouldn't be honest with him says something. There is a POSSIBILITY she doesn't even like the guy as much as she claims, but because he is everything you say he is, she hasn't broken it off because she doesn't have a reason to. And instead of dealing with her issues with him, she'd much rather blame you for screwing things up between them. Ya know... hypothetically looking for an "out."