Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
First Sex Toy Before First Sex Experience?
I was considering purchasing a few sex toys.
I know what i am looking for and will read up more on the toys i'm interested in when i get around to buying one.

My question is, as i'm a virgin,should i wait till after my first experience before buying any sex toys?

Would any of you say using sex toys before your first experience can make it less enjoyable?

While i originally wanted to wait, i have found my urges for more sexual experiences and experimenting getting stronger.
I'm not the kind of guy for one night stands, nor am i social enough for them, so it could be some time till anything happens in the losing virginity department.
So should i just go ahead with sex toys? Or try to wait for at least a little longer?

Also, i'm posting this anonymously because...well...i'm easily embarrassed.:redface:

Generally speaking, masturbation is a good way to get to know your body, how it works and what you like.

To that end, a sex toy or two might enhance your masturbation.

But I offer one word of caution: Masturbation is a normal and desirable COMPONENT of a full sexual diet.

In other words, sex is best enjoyed with a real partner. Don't let your masturbation and toys become a *surrogate* for the fuller experience of partnered sex. Let it be more like a side dish to the main course.

Believe me, I nourished myself on side dishes for too long and never got around to the main course until much later.

Enjoy.
Smile

lol latebloomer I can't help but laugh how you put that into perspective. "side dishes" "main course" lol, I'll never look at thanksgiving the same again!

iPromise Wrote:lol latebloomer I can't help but laugh how you put that into perspective. "side dishes" "main course" lol, I'll never look at thanksgiving the same again!

Let's just say I'm a very "hungry" man because I starved myself for so long.

Smile

LOL if you don't mind me asking, how long is "long"?

iPromise Wrote:LOL if you don't mind me asking, how long is "long"?

I was 35 when I was with my first woman.
First guy at 42.

Lots of experience with masturbation.

ahh, we are totally going off topic. Tongue so I'll end it there. Sorry OP : (

Go for the sex toys Smile I actually got one on order. but waiting for a partner? who knows when thatll happen right? could be tomorrow or a year down the road. for me, Im focusing on my career so I have no time for a relationship.

LateBloomer Wrote:Generally speaking, masturbation is a good way to get to know your body, how it works and what you like.

To that end, a sex toy or two might enhance your masturbation.

But I offer one word of caution: Masturbation is a normal and desirable COMPONENT of a full sexual diet.

In other words, sex is best enjoyed with a real partner. Don't let your masturbation and toys become a *surrogate* for the fuller experience of partnered sex. Let it be more like a side dish to the main course.

Believe me, I nourished myself on side dishes for too long and never got around to the main course until much later.

Enjoy.
Smile
Oh trust me, i'm in no way using this as a long term substitute for sexual intimacy.
I plan to get round to that when i find someone i would like to pursue a relationship with.
Which could be a while. The future is unpredictable after all.:redface:

ivorybenz Wrote:Go for the sex toys Smile I actually got one on order. but waiting for a partner? who knows when thatll happen right? could be tomorrow or a year down the road. for me, Im focusing on my career so I have no time for a relationship.
Would your advice change if i said i have my eye on someone?
Due to several factors a relationship is unlikely, but i sure have fallen for a guy.:redface:
I guess what i'm trying to say is, is hope a good reason to postpone your advice?

Anonymous Wrote:Would your advice change if i said i have my eye on someone?
Due to several factors a relationship is unlikely, but i sure have fallen for a guy.:redface:
I guess what i'm trying to say is, is hope a good reason to postpone your advice?

no, dont postpone my advice cus what if this relationship never happens? what if he doesnt have the same feelings towards you? but I still wish you best of luck with this guy!