Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Getting mixed signals from my straight friend
i have a number of straight friends who are very touchy-feely with guys. in my experience, a lot of men like to be physical with other men, especially with ones they are close to, no matter their sexuality. most guys i've been friends with are physical like that, though most of them are not sexually confusing.

but i have met one guy who was confusing that way. he used to be so physical with me that i was sure he wanted sex. he touched me anytime he was near me, and reciprocated every time i touched him. and his weren't the regular touches either, there was lingering, pressing and squeezing in there that made me all types of confused and got me into trouble in the end. it was nothing sexual for him it turned out, though i could've sworn otherwise at the time it all happened. granted, my experience doesn't mean it's the same in your case.

you have to understand whether his touchy-feeliness has a sexual undertone or not. in most cases it's obvious when it's not. in some cases it is less so. it can be tricky. not to mention some guys think they want to try some things, but when the push comes to shove they quickly realize they don't really want to try anything at all. and that can make things ugly the way nobody wants it.

i can't tell you what you should do. that's up to you. i just wanted to give you my perspective.
good luck.

Uh... maybe he's in borderline denial? As in he knows he might be gay but he doesn't feel like he can identify with it yet? I have a friend who's kind of like this, we've been naked in front of each other once but it wasn't for sexual reasons. He did however throw me a lot of signs that he liked me a few years ago, when I was still closeted, but it's hard to tell whet he's feeling now...

I don't know, in your case, as in all cases, coming to terms with one's sexuality can be a complicated process. If he is gay, it might take him quite some time to realize, you might want to talk to him about it if you're certain that it won't cause him too much distress.

You are reading into things and overanalyzing.

Hell, if you were around me and my straight friends, you'd think we're all a bunch of homos who partake in massive orgies every night with the amount of nudity, touching, grabbing, wrestling, joking around involved.

Etote, not everyone has the same situation as you
Actually, most of my male friends, both here in texas, and back in indiana before I moved, avoided physical contact generally, so not everyone has touchy feely straigh friends
and some people have 'straight' friends who aren't completly straight
>.> since I'm not the best at reading people all the time, I missed out on one such friend, and DAMN was I mad
he was hot
I wish I had worked up my courage

Humeinator2 Wrote:Etote, not everyone has the same situation as you

Did I say they did?

Nope
But the part about Overanalyzing does simply seem like a "It isn't possible so don't even think about it"
Of course, I have the bad Habbit of reading things with a major Negative outlook half the time anymore >.>

^so now YOU'RE reading into things...Headscratch

Msn-slapping

Spiny

XD that MSN smack is quite appropriate
It doesn't help I'm in a depressed mood, and that is the mood I am most likely to misread things, or read into things and give them a negative vibe

You're not getting mixed signals. You just wish you were.

Send him a picture of your sphincter. ..