Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Guy at work
I know, such an original subject Tongue anyway, long story short I work summers at a super market, and there's this other gay guy there who likes me (I'm like 99.9% sure of it). I just never wanted to pursue anything with him because we work together, not to mention he's closeted (except to my one friend) I'm not out to anyone at work, and I HATE my job and am therefore turned-off by anything having to do with it. But now that I see him there and I'm not working at the moment, I feel bad for not at least asking him out on a date. After all he is a really nice, albeit awkward guy, and he does go out of his way to say hi to me, so why not? That is, other than that we barely know each other and our conversations are spotty at best, and that we go to different schools and we've only ever seen each other at work.

Call be young and stupid, but am I just fretting too much? My mom even told me I should ask him out, and that was a while ago... I don't know, I mean this isn't distressful for me, but I'm just toying with the idea, and it's got me wondering. Any thoughts?

When the mom says "ask him out" you know it's time to ask the guy out...

you're not working there right now, so what's the problem?

try it, and see how it goes

Well it's your decision but if you could maybe ask him on a date maybe that's why he's so awkward is cause he likes you but not sure your gay as well so he's holding back also may be the reason for spotty conversation. And you may work with each other but if you hate it so much I can imagine it isn't a long term thing so it shouldn't be much of a problem. And let's face it what have you got to lose Smile

You are young and stupid.

Look, from way up here in the Late 40's this sounds like you are making a HUGE regret if you don't take a risk and ask him out and try. One thing I know pretty well in life, its not the things we do that keeps us up late and night with regret, its the things we didn't do. My greatest regret is Bradly. And opportunity I didn't take and I did live long enough to regret it.

Look, the worst that can happen is this guy will shoot you down, reject you, laugh in your face or something. I seriously doubt he will kill you for just asking if he wants to go out to get a coffee or a couple of beers or something.

Ask him out for coffee.

Yeah ask him out... Have a dinner together and talk.

Then text him and ask if he enjoyed the dinner with you...if he says yes, flirt with him.. Tell him he's so cute when he talks and you adore him

Then go on and ask him for a second date...

I encourage you to get what you want cause you will never know if you won't take risks