Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Had a successful date (I think!)
Besides being busy, maybe he just wants to take it slowly, that might mean time in between talking and meeting. Just wait now and try not to be so neurotic. OK?

Darius Wrote:Besides being busy, maybe he just wants to take it slowly, that might mean time in between talking and meeting. Just wait now and try not to be so neurotic. OK?

Could do, however it was him who suggested the second date whilst we was on our first one, I didn't force it upon him.

Don't really appreciate you calling me neurotic, but whatever, I get what you're saying.

Neurotic behavior can be defined as excessive anxiety or insecurity or fear. Wouldn't you say you have expressed those things in this thread?

Well that's that over with and finished.

He said he is too busy to date, so I asked where we stood and he started giving me some full on psychological evaluation of my life, like seriously, it was like reading a self-help book.

Anyway not going into detail, I told him it was nice to meet him and didn't appreciate him judging my life after meeting me once and he blocked me. Seems like a bit of a strange character, nevermind, aye.

Darius Wrote:Neurotic behavior can be defined as excessive anxiety or insecurity or fear. Wouldn't you say you have expressed those things in this thread?

Point taken - sorry for being grouchy, been a shitty day.

Sorry to hear that, [MENTION=24098]Flyerboy95[/MENTION]. At least you had one fun date and now have clarity where you stand with him.

I feel you probably learned a lot from the whole experience. It will make it all easier the next time around. So, keep the good parts of what you learned.

On to the finding the next guy! You can do it!

Flyerboy, maybe you should share some of what he criticized you for. t might be interesting to know If we noticed any similar actions. Did he feel you were smothering him or being clingy?

He did mention some really valid points actually, like he mentioned how dating after one date should be light hearted and enjoyable and that I got too deep too quick, which I agree with.

He said I need to have more confidence because he said I was a nice, kind, funny and genuine person.

The bits that pissed me off were him saying I'm not over my ex (when I am) because I mentioned him, even though it was him who wanted to know more about why the relationship ended so badly with my ex.

The other bit I didn't like was him saying I needed to go off and work on being a better person, but that he'd be there waiting for me to go back to him once I was 'ready to date again.' Bit arrogant of him I thought - I'm not going to type everything he said, it was a good 4 paragraphs and it was like being in a counselling session of with a therapist. I didn't like how he started telling me how I should live my life when he'd only met me once. The other thing he also said was that he didn't have time to date right now, but that we could both be patient and wait, however we weren't exclusive, and for me, maybe I'm old fashioned, but if you're going to do that and commit yourself to that one person, surely it will only work if you're both exclusive.

Anyway, onwards and upwards - it's a learning experience and I know in future not to in all guns blazing.