Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Have you met anyone famous?
I have an autograph from Gene Wilder and one from Patrick Dupont once the greatest star of International and French ballet... does that count?

Andy,

If you wouldn’t mind my asking, are you particularly well-off financially? You live in the same apartment building as Heather Mills’s sister? It’s a luxury sort of place?

If not, I find this somewhat disappointing. It was always an article of faith with me that if I ever became wealthy—certainly as wealthy as Ms. Mills is—, then automatically every member of my immediate family would be as well. I wouldn’t make it a begging type of thing either, making each one of them come to me every time they fancied buying something expensive. I’d just write each one a check for a few million.

In fairness to Ms. Mills, however, I don’t know the circumstances, and from what you say she certainly seems to care about her sister. Perhaps her sister won’t accept any sort of overly generous support from her. Or perhaps she has no desire to live any sort of ostentatious lifestyle.

Best,

Don

I have met:

Patsy Palmer and Michelle Collins from EastEnders at a charity walk many years ago in battersey park for Great Ormond Street Hospital.

Through family in Ireland i am related to two famous people. This is just through marriage of family members but still counts i think!! One is Pauline Mclynn better known for Mrs Doyle in Father Ted, i haven't had the chance to meet her unfortunately but i was invited to her wedding a few years back!!!! And the other is more of a quiet thing, but he does sing in a group of male singers. I have met the whole group and my cousin ( blood relative ) has been their friend since childhood and was best man at one of their weddings. Big Grin

I have also been Alan Fletcher's ( Dr Karl Kennedy from Neighbours ) personal security at a big gig he did at St Andrews. It was really cool.

Also met The Racounteurs, Echo And The Bunnymen, British Sea Power, Delays and The Prodigy from when i worked close protection security for T in the Park 2008

Also met Bloc Party and some ppl i dont even know like Glasvegas at the connect festival 2008 when i was in a fast reaction security team.

Cannot remember right now who else....

I been pretty lucky Big Grin

AgentWashington Wrote:I've met John Rhys-Davies (who told me I was crazy), Sean Astin (who told me I was beautiful! *grin) and Bruce Hopkins (who photographed me!)

And the guys from Rooster Teeth.
Well... they're famous to *me* anyway.

Are you talking about the guys who do Red V Blue???

albabonzai Wrote:I have also been Alan Fletcher's ( Dr Karl Kennedy from Neighbours ) personal security at a big gig he did at St Andrews. It was really cool.

Keeping the students from him??
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

fredv3b Wrote:Keeping the students from him??

Yes!! They were going crazy for him! I cannot understand why they were so excited, maybe they all grew up with through watching Neighbours!! lol

You imply that they have stopped watching Neighbours!! There really is nothing to actually do in St Andrews, therefore there really is a 'make your own entertainment' student scene. The regular appearance of celebrities (major and minor) in St Andrews provides important opportunities.

I missed Samuel L. Jackson due to freshers 'flu once.
Fred

Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.

I have met alot of famous people due to the jobs I have had...alot from the hotel I worked at when I was younger (lots of scandalous stuff tooLaugh )...then in the nightclub I worked at I met quite a few along the way and now in my antique store and the shows I sell at I have met alot more.....

....some of the people who have been in my store: Barbra Streisand, James Brolin, Sally Struthers, Peter Fonda, Diane Keaton...I never let them know I know who they are and I talk to them normally like I would anyone else.....I met Michael Jackson at a show I was doing in San Mateo...talked to him alone for maybe 10 minutes on Friday Night during the show set up...very sweet man...he was wearing a sheik's costume and veil and it was REALLY HARD not to comment Supergrin

There are too many to list so I will go with the coolest one who was 100% delightful and charming...Betty White...and the biggest a**hole was Steve Allen (he threw his toast at the waitress because there wasn't enough butter on it)

Who's Steve Allen???

eastofeden Wrote:There are too many to list so I will go with the coolest one who was 100% delightful and charming...Betty White...and the biggest a**hole was Steve Allen (he threw his toast at the waitress because there wasn't enough butter on it)

princealbertofb Wrote:Who's Steve Allen???

[COLOR="Purple"]Thats great to hear that Betty White is the genuine thing.

I never really liked Steve Allen. Probably of another generation...[/COLOR]

Quote:...an American television personality, musician, actor, comedian, and writer. The first host of [COLOR="Red"]The Tonight ShowWow , where he was instrumental in innovating the concept of the television talk show.

Allen was also known as a prolific composer, having penned over [/COLOR]14,000 songsWow Allen won a Grammy award in 1963 for best jazz composition, with his song The Gravy WaltzWow . Allen wrote more than 50 booksWow and has two stars on the Hollywood Walk of Fame [COLOR="Purple"](those are basically bought).[/COLOR]