Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Help, need your advice about my situation.
Bowyn Aerrow Wrote:Eventually you will reach the point where your need to be who and what you are is going to be more important to you than being what you think everyone else wants you to be.

Yes people are going to reject you, hate you, slam you, call you names - expect that to happen a lot for the next, oh 76 more years you have on this planet. If its not the gay thing then it will be your hair, your skin color, your height to weight ratio - something - anything - humans love to hate one another.

Yes you will lose people who are close to you who think you are straight. Their loss, not yours. If they can't accept you and love you unconditionally as who and what you are, then they are not needed in your life.

You will have very few friends in life. No face book friends are not your friends - they are acquaintances at best. Most of the people in your real life you see day to day are only there for as long as you can do something for them, I assure you, when your hour of need arises one or two will be there for you, the rest will act like they never knew you.

you are right about friends. I have observed my friends and the people I hang around with. I have a blackberry and 99% of the time I would be the one who would start a conversation and ask them how they are doing. the other times would be when one of them has a question or problem they need my help with but its different when we meet up. so right now I wouldn't seek any support from them because I wouldn't class them as friends who are very close.

Pretty much everything Vigilias has said.

It's hard to come out to religious parents,I know cause I have one and I don't know if I'll ever come out to them. If you would like to see 'pre-reaction',maybe you could watch with you parents some tv shows or movies that have gay people in it and see their reaction from there. For example,a show is featuring a gay man who's abandoned by his parents,and you comment "Poor that guy,right mom/dad? Would you do that to me if I'm gay?" or some thing like that and see their reaction. That's the best I could think of from Jude's post,and definitely an effective one to measure how homophobic they could be if they're one.

Of course,do what you're most comfortable. Baer