Rate Thread
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
How are you today?
I haven't looked at this thread for a while. Sorry to have missed the news.

@Chase Very sorry to hear about your aunt. Best wishes to you and your family.

@"Spades" That sounds awful. I hope they move on soon.

@Tjemka88 Glad you are feeling a little better. Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

Sorry if I've missed anyone. Heart
[-] The following 2 members Like marshlander's post:
  • Chase, Meebs

Today I'm doing ok. Just had to kill a wasp in the apartment.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!
[-] The following 1 member Likes CellarDweller's post:
  • Meebs

I finally finished my summer classes. It's past 1:30AM for me right now, and I finally finished my last final project. I devoted myself to finishing it tonight, because it's suppose to rain and thunder all day Friday, so I couldn't risk my internet going out before I submitted it.
[-] The following 2 members Like Chase's post:
  • Insertnamehere, Meebs

Weather Update:

-Been on lockdown for a month now.

-Visa got through and should be starting that PhD in a month or so. I've heard nothing but wonders of Barcelona so I'm excited I will get to spend 3 years studying and working there. I plan a whole lot of travelling whenever I can. 

-Lab did not get the ANID funding for SARS-CoV-2 related project. Other labs in the uni got it, though, so that's good Smile

-Uni is currently a SARS-CoV-2 RT-qPCR testing facility.

-Country still in need to be burned to the ground and refounded entirely. Let's hope it doesn't come to that ok?

-This week, we made the god-king bleed though, as someone on twitter put it. The very backbone of a way of doing things, born in and imposed by a dictatorship (and by extension the political and economic elites that support it) was dealt a small, small, small but very significant blow. And the blow came form an elective body. The elites are trembling, even if for a bit, even if a little. 

-Marichiweu!

-Drinking wine. That was a compromise between me and me. I said to myself if you open that Absolut you'll be in trouble. It's Mango Absolut so you'll understand why I would not control myself. So I drink wine which I don't like nearly as much as Mango Absolut. It's still nice. I always though that lockdown would turn me into an outright alcoholic. It hasn't. Drinking way less (next to nothing really). Tonight I felt the need though. All is good.

-Had a moment where I needed to listen to music, dance my ass off, cry, chill, and feel just a little bit desperate about who the fuck knows what. After that catharsis, all is good Smile

[Image: 512ad780b6f4a71106151525df4cbfd0.gif]
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]
[-] The following 4 members Like Insertnamehere's post:
  • andy, Chase, James, Meebs

I'm not too bad but my legs are feeling a bit achy after walking 30,000 steps yesterday on a hilly trek! Smile
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.
[-] The following 1 member Likes andy's post:
  • Meebs

Today? much like everyday as this virus has terminated my work, so I guess I am officially retired. Hope all my old friends are doing well and what is necessary to stay safe. At almost 71 years old, this has become a challange, pardon the spelling please as my fingers on the key board don't work as they once did. Hope the new swine flu virus that was discovered does not become the next pandemic, stay safe all, praying for everyone, Jim

(06-18-2020, 03:33 AM)Meebs Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 08:17 AM)Tjemka88 Wrote: I'm sick. Food poisoning apparently.

Hope you get better soon Bighug
Stay safe Meebs, if you get worse go to doctor or hospital, care about you, Jim
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]
[-] The following 4 members Like James's post:
  • , andy, Insertnamehere, Meebs

At what were you working, @James ? I was retired by the economy about 10 years ago and while it has taken a while to adjust, I find that it has given me time to ripe my opinion of my old boss. Time well spent. I do hope that you are OK budget-wise. The mental part takes some time but keep at it and you may well realize some profits.
I bid NO Trump!

Appreciate it, is taking time to adjust, still from 1974 to 2020 guess it was time to retire from the automotive tech trade

As it seems I missed a lot when I wasn't here. So:

-members with sick/dying/dead close friends or family
-members who lost jobs or income
-members going through health or other issues

here

Bighug

@James, at 71...you SHOULD be retired. I'm not sure how it works where you live though and by extension why you were still working.

Doing fine at the moment.

Today the debate continues in Congress about a one time withdrawal of a 10% of our retirement funds, since the government has left little alternative for a solution that would help the majority of the people affected by this pandemic.

It is so much more important than that though...it would mean a small opening to the possibility of a much needed reform or better yet the complete overhaul of a pension system imposed in the dictatorship years that clearly isn't getting the results needed.

Tomorrow it gets voted, so we will see.
[Image: 05onfire1_xp-jumbo-v2.jpg?quality=90&auto=webp]

Thank you, lost my job, hope you are doing well, Jim