Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How did you meet your partner?
My current partner is a complicated story. She says technically she's always known she was bi, but before me she'd only fooled around with a girl while in high school and a couple more in college, never going that far and never lasting that long, and the rest was with guys. But she got real burnt out on guys and after her husband died she was too busy to date, and when she did the guy always burned her pretty fast discouraging her from trying much. She first saw me in a kickboxing class with my blasian girlfriend and she said she instantly knew we were lovers, but other than that she didn't think much of it and I didn't even notice her at all back then.

Then, living on my own and single again, I used my connections via babysitting and working children's birthday parties to pass fliers and contact info for those who wanted to pay someone to take their girls to see the Hannah Montana movie rather than having to watch it (over and over again) themselves for $20 a pop (a good price since I was technically babysitting for a little over 2 hours, and I was experienced at it, and on busier days I had a friend help which I paid for out of my own profits without passing the costs onto the parents & grandparents), among more complicated details on covering gas and transportation. She had an 11-year-old daughter who LOVED HM, while she hated it, so she paid me several times to take her, and her daughter really liked me (I happened to be a Hannah fan myself, plus I just seem to get along with kids).

As my HM gig was ending, the swine flu hit my area (many kids, including the 11-year-old girl, were coming down with it), and the local hospital had to put up a tent to hold all the people there sick with it. Though I wasn't aware of it at the time I actually caught it myself, though it was just like a bad cold for me that made me cranky and stay in bed with a horrible headache. Meanwhile the little girl and her brother had it at the same time as I did, though it was worse for them (throwing up, which I didn't do).

Then after I recovered I got a call from the 11-year-old that her mother was really sick, they were almost out of food, and a lot more things that just weren't that coherent (after she'd tried calling others to no avail she found my number on her mom's phone and tried me in desperation). So I said I'd come on over so I could see what was going on and what I could do about it and took over some food and movies for the kids and took care of their mom who was incredibly, epically sick (it was so bad that I tried to get her to go to the hospital, but she refused). So I did a lot of cleaning up, helped her, fixed the meals and took care of the kids, even sleeping over in a sleeping bag. Because the girl's birthday was right around the corner (and her mom was too sick to handle it) I arranged for her to have a Hannah Montana theme birthday and even paid for some of it myself. The boy was so impressed that he got me to promise to do a Transformers theme party for him starting in the beginning of August (and I did).

Their mom was really impressed with me and that I didn't ask for any money (I said, not realizing I'd already been sick and recovered from swine flu, that if I got sick she take care of me as I did her, and that's all I asked) and she invited me to see the Harry Potter (HPatHBP) movie with them that July, and being interested in my unusual educational background and being from Texas she then wanted me to watch the Alamo with her on dvd and tell her what I thought of it. I was surprised when she came onto me during this time (and this was when she told me she'd been in the same kickboxing class at the fitness center we both belonged to and she'd known we were lesbians), but I figured it was nothing more than a fling, especially as she shared she'd only had a few minor flings with women in her life, and I tried to keep it hidden from the kids.

Then my landlord tried selling the house I rented out from under me and she came up with the plan to put her own house on the market and we could move in together some place better (we were both in a pretty bad neighborhood, and I actually didn't realize how bad it was until I left it and returned some time later) by combining our incomes. As I say, it was complicated, I made sure the kids were ok with it, and we moved in together in Halloween of 2009 in a really nice place (unfortunately, also thick with bigots and homophobes, though we didn't realize that right away, and because I wasn't sure it would work out--and because I have no credit rating from doing most of my biz in the grey market anyway--I didn't get my name on the lease which is how we slipped past the fundie bigot's gaydar so that that my partner got a lease before she could evict us as she'd later try to do). It's been a real drama but we've only gotten closer, and her house finally sold and we moved to a better place still shortly before I arrived here at GS. Confusedmile:

We met at a party thrown by a friend of mine. I wasn't going to drop in, having had what I considered at the time to be a better offer, but at the last minute I decided to go. Partner had recently moved to Sydney and started work at my friend's firm. As soon as I walked in and saw him I thought "Ohhh, yeah!". He sure noticed me too. As I've said in another post, he was so deep in the closet at that time that he was in bloody Narnia. He played it cool and macho when we talked, but he couldn't hide that glint in his eye...

I gave him my number when I was leaving, and two weeks (Rolleyes) later he called and asked me out on a date. He was so nervous... I was the first guy he had ever asked to go out with him! Adorable. It's been nearly 3 years now, and I am so glad I decided to drop into that party...

Telephone dating agency. :biggrin:

AOL.....if you believe that....

One of the single's here, but I'd simply like to say that all of these stories are really inspiring to me. I can't wait to have the random chance to meet someone who I truly care for. You guys and gals have given me a little more hope for the future that just by being myself and doing what I do that I actually will get the chance to meet someone out there. Thanks....

And a special thanks to those who's stories obviously took some real courage to tell, especially sbtrains, my heart goes out to you.

You have received an infraction at GaySpeak Gay Forums | Online Community | Chat

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear gilhooly,

You have received an infraction at GaySpeak Gay Forums | Online Community | Chat.

Reason: Making Incomprehensible/Nonsensical Posts
-------

-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

meeting
i was my partners trick about 3years ago. We were not wanting a relationship, he had a partner of 15 years and i was in a failed straight marriage. Later he was at his partners house taking a nap, got up and slipped on an unknown used condom. This ended the 15 year relationship.

Phase 1
We dated for about 3months, he moved in. I knew i was gay and in love but in the closet + married generated too many issues. He left but introduced me to his lawyer friends. I got the divorce and fixed the issues.

Phase 2
I called to thank him for the free lawyers. We met up and did it in a parking lot, never made it inside the bar. A few days into dating, big argument and i wanted to end it. He is very camp and less than half my body strength. The phucker punched on my face, i did not react and he did it again. He was effective, some loose teeth and swelling. He said i was important to him. Next few days he profusely apologized. I never had anyone buy me flowers, he never bought flowers for anyone. We dated for about 3 months. He moved in.

Currently
We have been able to work out everything so far that has been in our way. We love each other so that makes it easy to talk through things. We have little in common so a sole mate not. I respect his likes and desires and he gives me mine. We never stopped loving each other through all of this. What he does well i do not, what i do well he dosnt so it seems we add up to more than two in the end. We both want the relationship to work, appreciate how fragile things can be and dare not do any big bad.

Please wish us luck.

Hello,
I met my current partner Wayne in a rather strange way...

On 12/10/2005 I was a mere 20 year old sitting at home playing Neocron (online game) and my mobile phone rang from a friend asking me if i minded being a driver as he has met someone his interested in... I of course said sure as he tempted me by paying for a meal and some petrol... I asked him where he was and he told me he was at the moment in the Marine tavern (gaybar in central brighton). I popped into town immediately and met my friend who introduced me to the guy he was planning to bed.... Slightly intoxicated he (my friend) drank his drink and wwent to the toilet before going... I introduced myself and wayne introduced himself to me... I told him we were going for a meal as my friend is wanting to pay and he agreed...
A mere half hour journey away we came to a nice little country pub just west of Brighton and during the meal kept having loads of toilet breaks as my mate was pissed as a newt i was flirting and being flirted back with... Well that night i ended up staying out and i was told if the landlady asks your my boyfriend... I agreed to thisd alibi and the next day i couldnt say goodbye... I spent so much time there that i had more or less just moved in... Since october 12th 2005 we have lived together as a couple and gone from nothing to getting £15,000 in debt to paying it off and getting £0 in debt to now going £10,000 in debt again as taken out a loan with a friend to get a deposit for our mortgage and have paid off our car got four pets and next move is to save for a holiday abroad to america or australia as ive never been abroad and want to go to one of those places Smile

Kindest regards

zeon x

Tommy81 Wrote:We met at a party thrown by a friend of mine. I wasn't going to drop in, having had what I considered at the time to be a better offer, but at the last minute I decided to go. Partner had recently moved to Sydney and started work at my friend's firm. As soon as I walked in and saw him I thought "Ohhh, yeah!". He sure noticed me too. As I've said in another post, he was so deep in the closet at that time that he was in bloody Narnia. He played it cool and macho when we talked, but he couldn't hide that glint in his eye...

I gave him my number when I was leaving, and two weeks (Rolleyes) later he called and asked me out on a date. He was so nervous... I was the first guy he had ever asked to go out with him! Adorable. It's been nearly 3 years now, and I am so glad I decided to drop into that party...

Your story made me smile. I was in the closet when I met my bf and it took me TWO weeks to call him after having his number. lol. I hadn't given him my number I was freaking out so much at the time. :tongue:

azulai Wrote:Your story made me smile. I was in the closet when I met my bf and it took me TWO weeks to call him after having his number. lol. I hadn't given him my number I was freaking out so much at the time. :tongue:

Also adorable.