Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to accept people who don't accept homosexuality
This is something that has been on my mind a lot lately. I'm not insecure about my gayness, as in whether it's right or wrong. However I am insecure about people who do not accept homosexuality, or who hold negative views of it. I just have a really tough time accepting that some people, although non-violent, and perhaps even polite about it, are against it.

IDK. Does anyone else struggle with accepting other views? I find it really frustrating and insensitive, but maybe I'm the one being insensitive. pffft lawd IDK. Fish2

And I'm not talking about stuff like Hitler, or the Westburo Baptist Church, I'm talking about every day folk who just happen to disapprove or disagree.

It's not really something you can... disagree with, well you can disagree with pursuing your sexuality, but not having it.

IDK. Maybe I'm getting at nothing here, but I feel restless about it. :/

Not going to pass judgement on you for trying, but at this point in my life even if I can interact with people like that I absolutely hold it against them. If a frank discussion ever comes up I have no qualms about saying they're fucking idiots to their faces.

Some comes from religious background. some from them picturing what they percieve ti be happening, Just consider the source and move on
[Image: images?q=tbn%3AANd9GcRz-Six7p24KDjrx1F_V...A&usqp=CAU]

Well that is reassuring. Fish2

Thanks. I just, didn't know if I was missing something.

Like. I guess it's okay that I'm bothered by this.

Well, you want to be seen as a person and not as your sexuality

you can do the same things with them

view them as people, as the flawed humans they are...some of them will have different views than you on many subjects..

you don't need to stand for bigotry or to let them antagonize you because of their views, you can fight back or you can walk away and not care for it..

but in the end, if you want to accept them as the people who will not like this side of you, you have to remember..they're just that..people

Politeness really isn't an excuse for holding on to hateful attitudes. They have no right to expect you to be OK with their personal hangups, especially if those hangups include disgust at your very existence. I see no reason to let people off easy, either. If a person is being a dick in some way, even if in most ways they are polite and reasonable, then I will tell them to stop being a dick.

Time.

Time and lots of experience. Eventually you will either go stark raving mad, or you will learn patience and learn to ignore the opinions of others.

I don't except them. I just tolerate them and then dissociate myself from them the first chance that I get.

Personally I treat everyone who is intolerant as though they were ignorant and so I can accept them and their stupidity/stubbornness. It also makes me feel like a bigger person person for doing it so.

hope this doesn't sound too stupid but it reminds me of a quote from john Lennon
“You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us. And the world will live as one.”

I feel you...

On my part, I don't care cause they will never understand

It's really true you can't please everyone... Even the best people have their detractors