Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I am tired, litterely lol
All this worry, anxiety, dealing with a break up, worrying about my health. Has made me really, really tired. On top of that, I only get 5-6.5 hours of sleep a night. I have been making some improvements, but boy I feel like a long way from being healthy and energetic again.

It feels like I need to sleep for a month straight to recoup my body, eat plenty of healthy food, look after myself. During the past year or so, my health has taken a downward spiral, ever since I moved to Montreal.

The reality of my break up started to come about even before my ex broke up with me, which made it even worse.

People keep on inviting me to social events, and I go to some of them, but man, it feels like my body is telling me to stay home, rest, relax, etc... It is confusing to the point where I dont know if I do need a lot of rest, or if its just depression and anxiety getting in the way of my life in another way. All I feel like doing now is resting. Taking care of myself, and looking after my own interest. I love being social and being with people, but right now I feel like I couldnt be bothered by it.

On top of that when I do go to social functions I get some high anxiety and it takes a couple hours for me to adjust before it goes away. I sometimes think its my body telling me to go home and rest.

Has anyone experienced a situation like this? Got any advice? I just want to get back to feeling my normal again -_-

It's pretty much how I feel most of the time...like if I didn't had a job I wouldn't get put of bed at all

for you, it's OK and prefectly normal, cause you went through a rough patch.

For some people 5-6 hours sleep is good enough, for other it is not...

sound like you maybe depressed, even if mildly...the low energy, the dificutly in coping, the inwards focus, trouble sleeping..

I know this is a bit of "preach and not practice" from me but have you considered therapy or counseling? To help you get through this bit of hard time?

If you can't by yourself, then asking for help it's ok

hope you do good...if you have people close to you that care about you, keep them close, they may help too

Confusedmile:

southbiochem Wrote:It's pretty much how I feel most of the time...like if I didn't had a job I wouldn't get put of bed at all

for you, it's OK and prefectly normal, cause you went through a rough patch.

For some people 5-6 hours sleep is good enough, for other it is not...

sound like you maybe depressed, even if mildly...the low energy, the dificutly in coping, the inwards focus, trouble sleeping..

I know this is a bit of "preach and not practice" from me but have you considered therapy or counseling? To help you get through this bit of hard time?

If you can't by yourself, then asking for help it's ok

hope you do good...if you have people close to you that care about you, keep them close, they may help too

Confusedmile:

Thank you for your thoughts. To be honest, I have been seeing a therapist, and things were starting to go better for a little bit. I only see him once a month now, but it looks like I might have to go more frequently again.

I know I am depressed I have been for a while, I have a life long struggle with depression. I know I can defeat it though, I have done it before.

It feels different this time though, before when I was depressed I was just tired all the time, this time around, I find a hard time on focusing on things, concentrating, etc... It feels like my head is going in 10 different directions all at once and I cant seem to focus in on this moment. It is tough.

I personally believe that the emotional state effects the physical state too - you sound drained on both accounts - to get back to feeling you again needs you to get back to the things like going to social events if that's what you did before the break up - easy for me to type I know but just getting back among people may help you get passed sad events

This could be a medical problem. At least check with your doctor to make sure you can rule this out.

I think it is a mixture of many things. I have been overwhelmed with many emotions over the last few days. I realize that inam not the person who I want to be and there is a lot of growing that needs to be done on my part. It's just so scary, trying to grow and do this all on my own. I never thought I'd be capable of doing half the things I did while I was in the relationship with my ex. I accomplished a lot and without him I thought everything would be pointless. Now I see the errors in my thinking and it's hard to just switch my mind in anothe direction. I wish there was just a button in my head that I can push so that I can function normally again.

I strongly suggest you set your priorities straight and get plenty of rest when your body asks for it.

If you don't you will end up injuring the body, breaking our mind, soul and heart.

This lack of rest thing has far stretching consequences - trust me on this, get your rest when your body demands it or you will be in a world of hurt 10-20 years down the line.

Traumatic events can affect us in many ways. As Bowyn Arrow mentioned, you need to get more sleep. Daily exercise will help you sleep better & feel better about yourself. Avoid alcohol, as it interrupts your sleep cycle and leaves you feeling overly tired the next day.

I would suggest you see your General Practitioner (Doctor), and tell him about your lack of sleep coupled with depression and anxiety. Let him/her know that you feel tired all day long.

Back when I was 27 yrs old, I had an event in my life that caused me to loose sleep, which aided my depression, anxiety, and phobias. I'd get 5 to 6 hours sleep at night and would wake up each morning feeling like I hadn't slept at all. I let this continue until the phobias (height, open spaces, tunnels, etc.) started interfering with my ability to function normally. I went to my doctor and he prescribed Amitriptyline (Elavil) to help me sleep longer and it worked. I am still taking this medication to this very day and I'm able to get 7 to 8 hours sleep every night.

Back then, I remember always feeling sick, and wondering what the hell was wrong with me. I'd tell my doctor that I was feeling sick but never mentioned my anxiety or depression to him. He'd perform a regular check-up and run the full gambit of blood test but never find anything wrong. It wasn't until I finally fessed up - and told him about my various symptoms,,,, that he finally understood and was able to help me. So tell them everything!!!!

Sincerely,
Jim
We Have Elvis !!

jimcrackcorn Wrote:Traumatic events can affect us in many ways. As Bowyn Arrow mentioned, you need to get more sleep. Daily exercise will help you sleep better & feel better about yourself. Avoid alcohol, as it interrupts your sleep cycle and leaves you feeling overly tired the next day.

I would suggest you see your General Practitioner (Doctor), and tell him about your lack of sleep coupled with depression and anxiety. Let him/her know that you feel tired all day long.

Back when I was 27 yrs old, I had an event in my life that caused me to loose sleep, which aided my depression, anxiety, and phobias. I'd get 5 to 6 hours sleep at night and would wake up each morning feeling like I hadn't slept at all. I let this continue until the phobias (height, open spaces, tunnels, etc.) started interfering with my ability to function normally. I went to my doctor and he prescribed Amitriptyline (Elavil) to help me sleep longer and it worked. I am still taking this medication to this very day and I'm able to get 7 to 8 hours sleep every night.

Back then, I remember always feeling sick, and wondering what the hell was wrong with me. I'd tell my doctor that I was feeling sick but never mentioned my anxiety or depression to him. He'd perform a regular check-up and run the full gambit of blood test but never find anything wrong. It wasn't until I finally fessed up - and told him about my various symptoms,,,, that he finally understood and was able to help me. So tell them everything!!!!

Sincerely,
Jim

Thank you for your response, I did go to the doctors one day, but I never followed up with the blood tests I was supposed to do. I need to go back and get another note for a blood test. (I dont have my own doctor). Perhaps sleeping pills is what I need. The problem is I have a phobia of swallowing pills, which makes me less inclined to go to the doctor.

darkenedshadow Wrote:Thank you for your response, I did go to the doctors one day, but I never followed up with the blood tests I was supposed to do. I need to go back and get another note for a blood test. (I dont have my own doctor). Perhaps sleeping pills is what I need. The problem is I have a phobia of swallowing pills, which makes me less inclined to go to the doctor.

You'll have to get that blood test done and then do a follow-up on those blood test because the doctor's won't make a diagnosis and recommend a treatment until they have ruled out any other causes for what may be wrong with you. So,,,, get your bee-hind back to the doctor and get those blood test done and then schedule a follow-up with your doctor. It may take several visits to the doctor before you can get a diagnosis and treatment, be patient.

Tell the doctor you have a phobia about taking pills, he/she can prescribe a liquid form in some cases. The pill I take is so small that I have trouble holding the darn thing without dropping it!!!!! I hate little pills!!!! And they are hard as hell to find once you drop them (smile)...

Trust me, if a pill will alleviate your problems, it's worth the effort to swallow it even if it's the size of a golf ball (over emphasized the size(smile))...
We Have Elvis !!