Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I want to date a disabled man, am I crazy?
I read the OP.

And then his responses.

I can't even.

Not as much as he can't even.

Look, we've tried several approaches but you'll note they all boil down to the same answer: your "plan" isn't a very good one. But it sounds like you were looking for high-fives rather than advice, so I guess most of us have nothing more to offer here.

Lex

I only have this advice to give you: When having sex in a wheelchair, be sure to lock the brakes. Just saying.

honestly cant believe what I have just read in that first post

ShiftyNJ Wrote:You are not putting this together despite multiple people's reactions being very similar, so It clearly needs to be spelled out for you: What you are suggesting is offensive to people with disabilities because it implies they should be grateful that ANY non-disabled person would accept them, so they will be less picky.
OK, although I think I already said enough, I officially apologize to those who were offended by my OP. However, I need to ask you for a little favor: stop being self-righteous. You really believe I would accept someone just because he is being grateful? Well I don’t
Apparently, I’m not like you who know everything. I don't know any disabled person in my life, so I guess I should’ve done a research of disability dating and then posted my conclusion on this gay forum in a formal manner. Yeah, now I think it's kinda a bad idea, but I think my biggest mistake is that I spoke it out loud and offered some of you the opportunity to judge me because you just had to take it seriously. Alright, I’m such a scum, happy now?

Lexington Wrote:Not as much as he can't even.

Look, we've tried several approaches but you'll note they all boil down to the same answer: your "plan" isn't a very good one. But it sounds like you were looking for high-fives rather than advice, so I guess most of us have nothing more to offer here.

Lex

Yes, I knew this is a stupid post and didn't expect some serious advice. And I didn't expect that there would be so many middle aged men spending all day on a gay forum talking about those "I broke up with my bf" shit. Yeah, I'm gonna be attacked by saying that now. Be my guest

Darius Wrote:I only have this advice to give you: When having sex in a wheelchair, be sure to lock the brakes. Just saying.

Is this from experience??

allanchen1990 Wrote:Yes, I knew this is a stupid post and didn't expect some serious advice. And I didn't expect that there would be so many middle aged men spending all day on a gay forum talking about those "I broke up with my bf" shit. Yeah, I'm gonna be attacked by saying that now. Be my guest

..and it has been over a month and no one attacked you...or even responded...... Smile

Angry troll was angry. And then just disappeared.

I don't think there's nothing wrong with dating or being in a relationship with a disabled man. There was this guy who had an awesome body, rugged handsome looks..but had a disability with one of his legs where when he walked ...he needed a really sturdy cane. The thing is from what I've assumed from this guy's behavior...he would come off non-approachable and always a had a mean look on his face. While jogging through the nearby park...I came across him and I spoke. He mumbled something as if he did not want to speak or was surprised that I did. Since we stayed really near to each other...I would run into him all the time while out running errands, etc. Then one day...while at the lake..he started a conversation with me. From then on...he would look for me and even started to greet me with a hug. This guy was so handsome and built and I discovered that he had an awesome personality as well. I was not sure if he was gay and therefore...I did not come on to him and just focused on having a platonic friendship. To say the least...one day while in the local supermarket...I ran into him and since I haven't seen him in a couple of weeks...he grabbed me and gave me this huge hug that lasted for a least a couple of minutes...I DID NOT MIND AT ALLL!!!!!..LOL...SHOW ME SOME LOVE...LOL...then while in conversation...I said something that made him laugh hysterically...and then he stared at me for a minute ...and I asked him if anything was wrong and he told me no ...but he really would like if I gave him another hug...which I gladly did...BINGO!!!!....WE ARE FAMILY!!!!...LOL...I came to this conclusion when he started moaning softly and mentioned how I give great hugs...and then he asked me if we could get together for dinner soon. My mouth almost dropped. He then mentioned how he had been dying to ask me to spend some time with him but hesitated so many times and could not get the words out..and then he winked at me...BINGO!!!! ITS ON!!!!....I told him of course..let's do it..unfortunately...it never happened because the place I was living in had to get remodeled and I left to stay with a sibling until the remodeling was completed which took about two weeks. I failed to give this guy my phone number because I knew since we stayed near each other that I would more than likely run into him. Weeks passed and I saw no sign of him nowhere. I went to one of the local drug stores where this elderly woman worked who knew him pretty well. I asked her if she saw him around by chance and that is when I found out that he moved to Hawaii. Since I knew he was pretty close to her...she said that he was looking for me too and had asked her about me. I figured she would have contact with him but she told me that she did not. He was supposed to had contact her once he got settled..but at that time ..she never heard from him. So...I know I'm rambling on...but I did not his disability hinder any possibility of dating him...I would have welcomed it..and you should not let anyone disability put you off from dating them as well ..especially if there's a mutual attraction.