Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is Gayspeak Really A Safe Place?
You know, man, shaming someone else for needing a safe space or for not having the same experiences or "real life" problems as you is just as much bullying as beating someone's ass for being feminine or liking boys.

I'm not saying your view on the topic is wrong or that your experiences are invalid, it's your opinion and you're entitled to it, just like I'm entitled mine that you shaming other guys for feeling vulnerable and uncomfortable is bullying.

It's not the fault of anyone here that you had to go through the experiences you did, so it's really not fair to be throwing that in their faces even if you're just trying to prove a point.

Just my two cents.

I am not a fan of "safe spaces", but this forum is a relatively safe space. You do get some people who say nasty things, my answer is fuck them. Unless they are threatening you don't worry about what they say, debate is the way to go.

[MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION] I stated my position gave support, Im always willing to defend my beliefs, any questions you have, feel free to ask away.

[MENTION=20938]Gideon[/MENTION] two things

First, forgive me but it seems silly needing online safe space, I think physical bullying is much different than online bullying. One of these things is not like the other, in one of these things you bleed.

Second its nobodies fault that I had these experiences they made me into who I am today. Physically and mentally hard in the extreme. I am not even able to cry even if I wanted to, Ive become a very cold person, but these things made me resilient.

Its hard for me to sympathize with pyromancer the world is cruel place and there are alot far worse off than he.

Doc Wrote:[MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION] I stated my position gave support, Im always willing to defend my beliefs, any questions you have, feel free to ask away.

I know that you did. And I know that you are typically willing to talk about your experiences and are fairly open to being asked to analyze them and talk about where your opinions and views are coming from.

I was speaking more about the people who felt offended by what you said. I'd like to hear their perspectives too, see a discussion. I'm a little let down that it was more or less, "I didn't like what I read, I felt uncomfortable, I'm out."

Im just bothered that I always seem to be the bad guy.

Doc Wrote:Im just bothered that I always seem to be the bad guy.

Why do you think you are often perceived to be that way though?

I come back to this?

Good grief, some of you guys are way too sensitive, it is good to have conversations about these sort of things but seems like people get their panties in a wad.
[MENTION=24520]Pyromancer[/MENTION] Yeah I get that isn't a very nice thing to say, but being in a forum like this means we're going to get people with a lot of different opinions... I mean we have people who like Trump, for whatever reason, so all bets are off.
[MENTION=24108]Doc[/MENTION] Thank you for your service. That being said, doesn't make you right about it. Why he marched and whether his job is cushy or not is speculative, just shows your bitter about it. Doesn't seem like you're very supportive of the gay community and that being gay I guess means that a guy grows a vagina or something...which relates to your position on women serving in the military.

No, you're not the bad guy, you just believe in some old-timey crap you were brought up to believe which makes sense being in the south, that's pretty much what I see up here in NC.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!

[MENTION=21558]Emiliano[/MENTION] Because
Im a Republican, Im very conservative and I have a different mindset than most. Ive admitted to being a violent man and I despise weakness. Im an outsider and the only thing I have in common with the others on this forum is my sexual orientation. I make a good bogeyman, rather than try to understand me, folks would rather demonize me. If I had feelings Im sure they would be hurt right now.

[MENTION=23180]InbetweenDreams[/MENTION] Im originally from Baltimore.

I understand what your saying we all have opinions relative to our experiences, but one thing is not speculative that guy without a doubt he is in the Air National Guard, they all have cushy jobs compared to a line soldier in the Army, thats just the nature of the component.

Doc Wrote:[MENTION=23180]InbetweenDreams[/MENTION] Im originally from Baltimore.

I understand what your saying we all have opinions relative to our experiences, but one thing is not speculative that guy without a doubt he is in the Air National Guard, they all have cushy jobs compared to a line soldier in the Army, thats just the nature of the component.

That's a moot point. Still serving the county, yes?

You say you despise weakness, does being gay exhibit weakness?
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!