Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is This Wierd of Me?
Some friends of mine have invited me to a pool party the last couple of weekends and it sounds like a lot of fun, but I have one hang up. I'm kind of nervous about being hit on or flirted with by another guy there. I'm not worried that I would do anything as far as reciprocating the attention, I just don't want any other guy flirting with me. I have a guy in my life now and I'm totally in love with him an he is the only one I want flirting with me. We'd go together but h'a in Florida visiting family right now. So is it weird that I don't want another guy flirting with me?

No .. it´s OK if you don´´t want it .... smile nice back ... and turn your head away from him ..that shows that you are not interested.

Thanks fen! I've never been comfortable with the flirting thin to begin with, either flirting or being flirted with. But now that I've found someone special it's more the being flirted with that unnerves me. Except for with him! :biggrin:

Don't you trust yourself?

If you did you wouldn't have to worry about some casual and light hearted flirting, just politely inform people you have a partner and enjoy the event.

hey,
If he flirts thank him for the compliment because thats all flirting is is just compliments and if he tries going further let him know your taken and he can back off! x

[COLOR="Indigo"]Hey Smile

No I don't think it's weird at all. I think wanting to put your bf/relationship first is good.

The only thing I will say is you can never foresee what is going to happen and you don't know for a fact anyone will flirt with you. But flirting is supposed to be fun provided it doesn't escalate, you could go and have some fun (not that kind lol) whilst your bf is away and if someone does seriously hit on you, you can always say i'm spoken for ... and then point that person out to your bf when he comes home Smile [/COLOR]

Thanks guys. My bf even told me to go to it, but I still backed out. I know I'm a chicken! LOL But I had to work today and I have a lot of cleaning to do too. I'll probably go next time. They have a get together every Sunday afternoon. I think some of it too is I'm missing him. Smile

wots ur real hang up ? you have a lovely bf,,, did he get invited ? your faithful so if its just fun then no problem

Yeah he was invited too. I don't know what my hang up is. He trusts me, I trust him, and I don't want anyone else. Like I said I may go next time.

Look at it as an opportunity to set the guy straight.Wink2