Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
It's About Time I Went On Another Rant
Quote:I had to file for bankruptcy back in February. I simply pissed away so much money on stupid stuff, bad choices, etc, etc over the last 5 years that I would be 70 by the time I got out of debt if ever.

So what. You owed people money for goods and services that they'd provided in expectation of being paid and then made arrangements not to pay them. You're not the victim here, those people you've deprived of payment will also get to be 70 one day and they'll never see any of what they're owed. You didn't have to file for bankruptcy, you chose to because you put your needs ahead of other people's. Framing your situation in these terms renders moot much of the rest of what you have to say.

(05-22-2020, 09:43 AM)Cardiganwearer Wrote:
Quote:I had to file for bankruptcy back in February. I simply pissed away so much money on stupid stuff, bad choices, etc, etc over the last 5 years that I would be 70 by the time I got out of debt if ever.

So what. You owed people money for goods and services that they'd provided in expectation of being paid and then made arrangements not to pay them. You're not the victim here, those people you've deprived of payment will also get to be 70 one day and they'll never see any of what they're owed. You didn't have to file for bankruptcy, you chose to because you put your needs ahead of other people's. Framing your situation in these terms renders moot much of the rest of what you have to say.

@Cardiganwearer I wouldn't be so judgemental... everyone is entitled to make a mistake and learn from it! (deserving a fresh start) Sometimes there is no other option! In countries like South Korea and Japan - their suicide rates due to debt problems are really high.

The 'people' owed money are more likely to be large financial institutions and banks that rake in huge profits from interest payments on their products in the first place. 2nd tier lenders take into account that 1-2 in 10 customers will default on the loan. They also factor in that a large percentage of people will not pay off the amounts owing in full and will have to pay their interest fees.  The fees are also higher than Tier 1 bank loans (for those with excellent credit ratingthat are usually 2-5%... with some credit card interest rates as high as 40%! The lenders are still making profit no matter what and it is all part of their business model in the first place. If all the customers paid on time there would be no credit cards... it's all a vicious cycle!

I don't use much credit myself and if I do - make sure it is affordable but can see the trap that people can fall into.
Note: No trees were destroyed in the sending of this contaminant free message. However, I do concede, a significant number of electrons may have been inconvenienced.

@andy Given his responses in other threads I'd judge that he's a troll.

Not sure why someone would side with the credit card companies anyway, they make billions in profit every quarter despite people filing for bankruptcy.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!
[-] The following 1 member Likes InbetweenDreams's post:
  • andy

I can't really help you and I'm sorry about everything that you're dealing with....but if the guy in your profile photo is you, you're actually really handsome Rolleyes Blush
[-] The following 1 member Likes Tjemka88's post:
  • InbetweenDreams

(05-25-2020, 07:20 PM)Tjemka88 Wrote: I can't really help you and I'm sorry about everything that you're dealing with....but if the guy in your profile photo is you, you're actually really handsome Rolleyes Blush

No need to feel sorry for me. Most of my problems are of my own doing, but I do tend to rant and complain. Yes, that is me...around October/November last year.
"I’m not expecting to grow flowers in a desert, but I can live and breathe and see the sun in wintertime"
Check out my stuff!