Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just found out partner has cheated on me, don't know what to do
-----

betrayed Wrote:To anyone out there who has been hurt badly before - how did you learn to trust other people again? How do you deal with that?

By learning to see the good in people. Not everyone is a liar or a cheater, there are some genuinely nice people out there. Gems amongst the junk, so to speak. Besides, it's our experience that makes us interesting, being let down is an opportunity for us to learn and grow, becoming that little bit less generic.

Give it time, and you'll feel the hurt of it less. If you let the fear of getting hurt or the fear of being alone rule your life you'll become a slave to them. Concentrate on having a good time and let what happens happen. Being alone really isn't so bad. It could be worse. You should SEE some of the people i've lived with.

You should see some of the wounds that time has healed. Just focus on living, and enjoying life and before you know it you, too, will be so over it that you'll be over being over it.

Also, taking revenge helps with the bitterness.BiggthumpupBiggthumpup

-----

-----

[COLOR="Purple"]Sounds like you got an habitual liar on your hands.

I have read most of your postings but over a couple days, and like you, I am not a professional. I do have a number of professionals I see and they might suspect some sort of sociopathic activities.

With a habitual liar they usually get caught with their lies since they end up not being able to keep up with which story they told who... and as the name suggest they cant control it.

It is rather funny as you catch them red handed and they spin and spin and spin.

These people are usually attempting some sort of manipulation...

Sorry to hear that you care about such a person but love isnt always easy.

Best of luck.[/COLOR]

-----

-----

wow! i ve read some your replies, they are too long to read everything tonight, will try tomorrow as i find this thread very interesting. I saw you ve set your 'mood' in this site to 'Brooding'! I can believe that you actually are but i cant yet understand your relationship... sex is absent so is honesty ... he has been planning a double life with wife and kids and you were aware about but you were fine about it. You must be really hooked up on this guy and you said it yourself ' you allowed yourself to be dependant on this guy'.

I suggest you answer why you are dependent on him. List all the possible reasons and especially those you might not want to admit to yourself. will help you to clear your head from this situation you are at now.

To me it looks like you are selling yourself short and that you are trapped from your own insecurities the need to 'feel' belong love ... but now playing detective . You give yourself too much of hard time.

betrayed Wrote:... I'm going to order a book on the subject because I want to understand more and find out how (if at all) I can deal with this. I'm also going to try to get hold of his diaries again, when and if the opportunity presents itself (he may go to his home country for 2-3 weeks soon), and get them translated. I think they will help me unravel the story.
Much as I am sorry to hear about your situation I'm beginning to hope he doesn't have a pet rabbit.

-----