Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just found out partner has cheated on me, don't know what to do
betrayed Wrote:... I'm off on holiday tomorrow ... I need to get away from here! Then it'll be back to London next Sunday...
I hope you can enjoy a peaceful and restful time. Cool You must be exhausted working through all of this.

[COLOR="Purple"]I dont believe that you should really try to analyze this guy on your own much longer. If you believe that you have a clearer picture of who he is and you have a game plan to extract yourself then do it as quickly as possible.

If your game plan is to stay the I would suggest that you seek professional help. I dont say that to be funny but seriously warn against self or analysis of this guy.

The first thing they (should) warn a freshman student taking Psych 101 is that you will read yourself into every page you study. You may hit on exactly what makes you or him tick but it would be very rare unless you are a natural. Basically you are too close to the subject.

I am never one for revenge as that will be your call.

I could see having some fun with the knowledge you have... Mind games are always interesting Rolleyes [/COLOR]

Dude if you look at how much you've written on the subject you'll see how much of time and energy you're putting into feeling this way.

The guy can't be trusted, so bin him and move on. You don't need to set yourself up for anymore hurt.

With the time and energy (and going loosely by word count) you could've written a thesis or done somthing more productive than lament a situation from which you refuse to walk away and to which you have little or no desire to make changes.

Focus on other things, and clear your mind of it. THEN see how you feel once you've not thought about it in a week.

-----

I never said i was. All i'm saying is you need to try to look at things differently. Focus on other things as it is the only way to move on.

Know what, no, i've never been in a relationship that long because that would have been half my life. But don't you DARE presume to know anything about what i've experienced, and don't think for a second i'd be flippant about a subject such as this.

All i wanted to say was that you can focus your energy on other things and you'll find it rewarding. And trust me, THAT comes from experience.

-----

[COLOR="Purple"]Sorry to hear that you think you have a sociopath on your hands... and good to hear that you are attempting to extract yourself from the madness.

I do believe it is all about control and when they dont have that then all hell can break loose.

Unfortunately I am talking from experience. Mine is very very very long distance and dont know when/if we will actually meet up - the distance makes it a bit clearer once the game is up and also a bit easier to manipulate the other my way... I think, lol.

Good luck.[/COLOR]

-----

Well done for making this tough decision. I hope things start to look up for you now.

It no doubt sounds like you made a good choice in leaving no matter how
hard it was to do.

Cant say if he was sociopath/crazy... but sounds like he was at least a
control-freak when it came to you

Anyway...best of luck Smile