Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Making friends
So I am in the military, and pretty masculine. Nobody would ever guess I like guys as well as girls. Only problem with this is I cant actually meet any gay guys to be friends with. I dont know if it is because of how I act or im just terrible at understanding things like flirting(which I am horrifyingly terrible at) or something else entirely. So what are some good places to meet gay guys with the intention of just being friends? Preferably not being caught as well?

Just look around ya never know who might be gay these days lol But uh intent on making friends try a gay bar never know what ya might find there.

lol, goes against the not being caught thing... If anything goes down like a fight and the cops show, even if i wasnt involved and they get my information, my commander will find out...

Ah hmm dang :/ Ive had friends in the military and closeted but eh they found friends so not all hope is lost Wink

lol, i know hope isnt lost, its just a little daunting of a task, I want friends, need them... but is it worth the fallout if i get caught?

I'm not sure if you'd have to worry about a gay bar these days... if someone sees you, they'd be there too right? Plus sometimes straights go and you could say you're there to support a friend. That said (and to be fair there are no gay bars here) but all the guys I've met who serve have been through online. You don't have to use an identifying screenname or have a pic. Just chat with guys first to get a feel for them and if you can trust them. Most of us will be normal guys who'll understand the concerns over your job, but you never know so chatting first is a good idea.

Yea. Mostly I've only met people online but almost all have just wanted tohook up with a military guy... the few decent ones I just had nothing in common with.

Are all your bars like the ones I saw in cowboy films then? I've never seen a fight in a gay bar :redface:

Anyway, good luck. Hasn't DADT been withdrawn yet?!! This isn't the twentieth century any more.

LOL, just because DADT has been repealed doesnt mean everyone iss happy about it. And when I get deployed it will be 12 hours a day, 6 dayys a week of work. it wont take muxh to spark a fight... best to keep as I am, and try to avoid any obvious actions...

rakmatis Wrote:Yea. Mostly I've only met people online but almost all have just wanted tohook up with a military guy... the few decent ones I just had nothing in common with.
I've found this to be the case a lot. Well not the military hook up thing as I'm not in it, but the not having stuff in common. I've definitely met gay guys online I do have stuff in common with but most are too far Sad But some depends on location and I certainly am in a low population area, so hopefully you have better luck. As for the hook-up people... some will move on because that is all they want. But others if you make it clear you just want friends might be cool with that too.