Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need advice on lube!
Hi all, new member of the forum and also new(ish) to the scene after only coming out in the summer. I'm sorry if this question seems silly and any advice would be really appreciated.

My boyfriend and i are having problems with lubricants, not only how much to use but also the best way to use it. Has anyone got any tips or pointers for me?

Looking forward to hanging out with you guys!

Welcome to GS! There is a button at the top labeled "search". Just click in it, type lubes and you'll get plenty of info! I like the newer waterbased hybrids, like spunk, and my favorite "everyday" is str8cam! Wavey
http://str8camlube.com/
Heart  Life's too short to miss an opportunity to show your love and affection!  Heart

My only advice is use plenty of it, and once you find a brand you like, buy if from eBay UK - much cheaper than any of the "regular" sources ;-)

ObW
x

Hello, BarnesJ, and Welcome to GaySpeak.

Finding the right lube or the right condoms can sometimes be tricky, depending on where you can find supplies. Have you been using lube supplied freely through the associative networks of AIDS and STI prevention?

I think, actually, there probably is a cheaper source, ObW, which is a charity that works hand in hand with the NHS... They have an assortment of different lubes. They may not all be to your liking. Lubes that look like semen ( Liquid Silk, for example) can be fun, and some of the lubes we've used are a bit tacky (in terms of sticky because glycerine-based). They tend to be sweet but become a bit sticky after a while. But glycerine does protect your skin and can soothe your mucous membranes, especially if your sex play is rough. They also wash off easily.

Puur is a good one (silicone based, I think) which leaves your skin nice and smooth if you wish to use it as massage oil, not just for penetrative sex, it's clear, non sticky, and lasts quite long in fact.

In the end, you really need to find a brand that gives you a satisfactory experience, that suits your needs and your skins.

So, what issues have you been having with the lubes you've used so far, BarnesJ?

Try this address? http://www.freedoms-shop.nhs.uk/