Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Obsession with Straight Friend
I want to make a confession here, I am obsessed with a straight friend who was my ex-colleague as well. His name is Beirber. It’s not the first time I’m obsessed with any straight friend but this time this infatuation/obsession is more intense. I can’t stop thinking about him. I smile remembering good moments with him at my last job. He was senior when I joined and worked in brand management. We attended a training course together, and I started liking him. Then we became friends and he used to come to my desk and we started talking almost every day in fact on Facebook and Skype too. We shared some secrets and life goals with each other. This companionship lasted for 3-4 months then we both left the company.

We have been in contact on Facebook but never met again or talked for a long time. I just jump into his photo albums to see his latest pictures. There’s not any sexual thing involved but I like thinking about him. In fact he has all qualities I would see in my boy friend: looks, career, attitude and decency.

I think people who are interested in monogamy and serious long term, often get attracted towards their straight friends. They see a reflection of their ideal in best friend. When a friend brings a gift and offers you a dinner treat, you get too excited and undertake extra preparations for the occasion. You give true compliments on your friend’s achievement and sincere advice and moral support when he needs, that brings him closer to you. He thinks you’re his best friend and shares his relationship stories and you have no option than listening and pretending you’re so interested in his relationship.

Thank for sharing.

its a healthy thing to miss a good close friend. thanks for the post.

I've found myself in the same boat. When im single and looking for a relationship I tend to become attracted to close straight friends and it gets a little confusing. Thank god my friends know how to handle me haha

This has happened to me quite a few times. It has lead me to believe that I'm destined (or doomed depending on how you look at it) to be with a woman. Hopefully I'll get it right one day

oh i agree to the point that the mutual 'attraction' is by two way compliments to bring two men closer
i confronted this problem often during puberty when senses were heightened and easily attracted to other straight guys. some people say the best way is to stay way from the baits, i think it works somehow, gradually let you forget the person you have impulse affection on..

All I can do is tell you

[Image: star_wars_its_a_trap.jpg]

Ah yes, I believe most gay guys experience that atleast once in their life. Lately I have been asking myself if I did something wrong that I start crushing on every friend. It sure sometimes makes me feel like that it's impossible for me to get a best friend since the closer I get to a guy the more attracted I seem to become. And yeah I totally agree with you, anything they do for you feels so special and it's hard to accept that. I would guess or think that straight people who have friends of the opposite gender have the same problems xD

TheDude Wrote:(or doomed depending on how you look at it) to be with a woman.

i'm sure there are many women who would absolutely love to end up with a man who considers himself "doomed" for ending up with her , and isn't really into her in the first place Smile

I too find myself attracted to guys who are "hopelessly straight" as I like to call them. Fortunately for me, only one of these guys I'm attracted to is close enough to be considered a good friend. And he also knows I find him attractive and plays off of it very well. My boyfriend knows I have an attraction to this guy as well (and he's attracted to him too, talk about a cluster!) but in the end (no pun intended) we both know there's no way in hell this guy would actually do anything other than joke around with us. And my boyfriend and I have a close enough relationship that we can "guy watch" as we like to call it and know that at the end of the day it's only each other that we go to bed (and other things Wink ) with.

I think the attraction to straight guys boils down to that whole "forbidden fruit" thing. It looks really good (damn good in some cases) but we know we can't touch it. Which makes it all the more appealing and tempting. Hope all this made sense.