Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Relationship in tatters
My relationship is in tatters.

I wrote out a few large posts but I keep deleting them. I guess i'm not sure what I want help with. I have 2 options right now.

Break up with my boyfriend of 6 years and lose my home, something I am so incredibly proud of, at the age of 24 I owned my own home (well 50% anyway). I worked so hard, so hard that I suffer the consequences of stress and burn out. I'm not sure I could live knowing what I have lost because of him. I could afford to pay the mortgage myself but I know him, he'd want money for furniture or he'd take it all. I cannot afford to buy furniture and I cannot afford to pay him off either. To me this option will destroy me.

I could stay with him. In a loveless relationship, he doesn't have any respect for me. Our home was all his hard work. I am nothing in his eyes. I am an annoyance, a hindrance, a stressor. But I can stay in my home however he is slowing destroying me.

I know what is right for me, but to lose my home? is it worth it? In a perfect world, I would like him to leave me, i'd buy him out of the mortgage and he'd go and we won't speak again. I'd move on and be happy. I can build myself up again to be the person I know I can be. I'd have self-esteem and confidence and even respect myself. I'd be successful.

Am I sad to be distraught that this won't happen and I won't be happy, to lose something I don't have yet?

Has anyone gone through something like this before?