Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Second Chance?
So I'm in a bit of a situation here. It all starts with this past summer when I met this really cute, nice and honest guy. I really liked him then and now. However, I was really not ready to move forward in our friendship. I liked him a lot, but I felt like things were moving too quickly. Because I was going back to college, and just for other reasons, we decided to just stay friends. After we stopped spending as much time together and communicating, I realized how much I really missed his company. I tried to restart things, but he had lost some interest. It flip flopped. This continued for a while.

About 2 months ago, I found out through Facebook that he got into a relationship. It made me feel terrible. It was then I think I figured out how much he means to me. We met around 2 weeks ago just to catch up as friends (though we had been communicating already a little). I could tell through his mannerisms that he still had feelings for me, and when I asked how things were going for him and his bf, he wasn't so enthusiastic. Lo and behold, a couple of days ago, he broke up with his bf. I was so happy (though still a little sad for him because it didn't last long).

Now I'm wondering if maybe this is the time to try to get him again. Obviously I'll wait a bit, but I really want to see if maybe we could go on a date for Valentine's Day. However, I'm not really sure when to ask him, or how to do it, or if this is even the right time (because he said one of the reasons a relationship would be hard for us is because I go to a school an hour away, though it's not really that far).

valentines is overrated that is jus too commercialized. why don't u try asking him before hand? does it have to be for feb 14?

Hello...

I guess it's good to give a second chance for a relationship to happen..Who knows it would work for the both of you. You don't want him to be the one that got away..

However mister... Something he said bothered me. I don't know if it's just me or what, but I don't like the particular thing he said that the relationship would be hard because your school is.... 1 hour away? :eek:

I don't mean to judge but if i love a person, i won't care about the distance.. 1 hour is too easy. My ex lived in a city 10 hours away from Manila by bus (though he sometimes stay at his aunt's house in manila but still..) Maybe he has different perspectives but really it's up for you to assess if he will be worth it. I think you two like each other...so yeah give it a try to just have a date and see where things would go.

If you think, having a relationship with him would make you happy, then go for it Smile

However just compromise on your differences (including the fact that your school is 1 hour away)..I guess it's not good to think of the disadvantages of a relationship right away cause certainly, there would be things that will make up for it

You wont really know unless you try...

Give him abit of time but yeah certainly give it another go what have you got to lose??

Get to know him a little more first.

Go for a date on the 13th Feb - its cheaper all round, and I assume as a student your (both?) on a budget Smile

ObW
X

Not only would you be jumping into a sinking boat, you would be jumping into a boat that has already sunk.

He is on the rebound and you are rushing things because you fear he will move on with out you.

HE WILL MOVE ON WITHOUT YOU??? He has done it once, so what does that tell you?

Sorry, but in my opinion, persue this and you will get hurt more than you would by moving on and maintaining a friendship with him Wink

Rebound much?

Look he has just ended a relationship for some reason, he needs about a year to figure out who he is as an individual and to have time to process through his and the exes stuff.

Rushing from relationship to relationship never ends well.

Consider yourselves two ships passing in the night. Move on and let time sort this one.

If in 10 months to a year he is still single and you are still single and you both have your heads screwed on half right - then get involved.

February 14th is yet one more day on the calender. Don't let the God of Massacres influence your reasoning half. :tongue:

I guess I left out something though. He was in this relationship for less than 2 months, and it wasn't a bad break up at all. It was mutual.

An hour away is hardly far..

now, for the time being remain by his side and be supportive, friendly, get to know him more, hang out, do things as friends..this is the proper way to go if he just broke up

if he indeed had feelings left for you, those feelings will resurface inevitably, and then TAKE THE CHANCE..

go all out..

I'm not sure Valentine's day is the best idea, it's a bit too big I think......but definitely once time passes, you should take your chance and ask him out...simple stuff dinner, a movie, etc

It doesn't matter if it was only 2 months. Give him time, or you'll be the rebound guy.

Let Valentine's Day slip by, wait for maybe April or so, if his relationship was only 2 months. Even that may be too soon, but I suspect you can't wait for a longer period of time.
[Image: 51806835273_f5b3daba19_t.jpg]  <<< It's mine!