Rate Thread
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
She made me cry.
Hi guys, me again. I told you i am in a medical profession high school. I work as an intern in the hospital. I'm in the child emergencies. Yesterday a woman with her 2 months old baby came. We had to take blood samples and she cried the whole process. After we finished the nurse went back to her desk and i stayed with the lady. I told her we did it because of her daughters good. She said ''I know, but its my first baby. You'll see when you have yours''. It hurted more than i can imagine, i couldn't tell her i am never going to have a baby. I immediately left there and started to arrange the medicines. I cried in silence, so people wouldn't notice. I am thinking about being a child doctor, i'm really good with kids and i love them but it hurts to be around them. I don't want to stay away from them but.. i don't know what to do.

Hi I believe you will make a good Doctor. Every hospital needs a good children's doctor and seeing that your good with kids your in the right place. Smile

I avoided patients that hurt me so bad I was afraid I might not be clear enough in an emergency and then would have been the one that hurt who I was so afraid of hurting.
Then I realized that in cases where I "had it" and really was the best person on the spot for them I knew I had to be the one because that is why the universe put me there in their bad time.
I still let the ones that break my heart go to someone else and watch over 'em unless that little thing in us tells me "It's you man, don't let 'em down"
After 30 years I can tell you - in medicine, you're gonna be cryin' a lot. Most of the time privately, sometimes not and even sometimes as a group. Let it happen. We have no real answers, only hands, hearts and that "instinct" that makes us respond. Stop crying and your heart will drown and die ~ let it out Smile
See?

As a dad, OMG! It KILLED me EVERY TIME and went against every instinct I had - that's what reason is for, small comfort that it is. The more knowledgeable and powerful medically that you become, the better you'll get at making it easiest or "as nothing" for everybody and you will love yourself for doing that. Really. Made a career of it ~

Rumble Bighug

never say never. Maybe it is rare, maybe you can hardly imagine it, but maybe you will find two girls who would love to have a baby of their own.

Don't be sad. You have chosen a beautiful and important job, but I can imagine it is also very hard, both physically and emotionally.

Rubmle, there is, and will be, NOTHING that will stand in your way of being a father in the future. If you want to be a father when you reach that place in your life where you are ready to be a father...you WILL be a father Wink

you can still be a father if you're gay, don't give up </3 I know it can be tough but we are all here for you xoxoxo

i see what your saying rumble. i have talked about being a father but you know what people told me?

that a baby needs a mother and a father to be healthy and normal. which i find to be bullcrap cus a child can have 2 fathers or 2 mothers and still be healthy and "normal", whatever the hell normal means. a baby just needs love, it doesnt matter whether it be a woman and a man or 2 men or 2 women. see, you can still be a father. theres 2 options actually. you can adopt or have a surrogate.

I had the boys on my own for years? We did live on the "family farm" ie my mom, brother, friends around - plenty of both sex influence and haha "ally" - but you can find yourself where you are "it" and tuff tee-tee. The secret is: They need to feel safe and like things are alright. There first. From there, yeah, they'll let you know what they need and not always with words but you just gotta be watchin'.....
This is 2012 - all the old "rules" aren't off - they just don't happen somehow in everybody's lives but that's no curse and love makes the blessing.

Yes, Rumble, you'd make a wonderful doctor some day, because you care; As for having your own children, I don't see why you shouldn't, especially if you're working in a medical profession, you'll find a way to have a child of your own, maybe with a woman who'll accept to carry your child; Things are evolving quickly in the world of medical science and artificially assisted procreation.
You could also maybe just go through the normal channel of having sex with a woman (other gay men have), unless you choose otherwise. Having children of your own is not an impossibility. Cheer up, lad!

I love my mother more than my father because.. well because she is my mother. I can't imagine what it would be like to have 2 fathers and no mother. I couldn't handle having two of my dad instead of my mom!